Workout Date: 08/07/21
YHC has been on vacation this past week and this was my first Q since returning yesterday afternoon. It showed.
State the mission. I recognize everyone so no FNGs(0). Five ruckers peel off and I forget to give the disclaimer.
Side Straddle Hops x20 In Cadence (IC)
Good Mornings x5 IC
Sir Fazio Arm Circles forward x10 IC (Fazio himself is present! He calls these “Arm Circles”, FYI)
Sir Fazio Arm Circles reverse x10 IC
1) Mosey to the basketball court, partner up and grab a rock (one rock per pair) for Jacob’s Ladder mixed with AMRAP rock work. For the Jacob’s Ladder, run up the stairs (burpees at the top) and run back down the ramp. Partners take turns working their own ways up the ladder (keep your own count) while the other partner does rock work. AMRAP cycle through curls x10, overhead press x10, triceps extension x10, bent over row x10. We did this through the first three or four JL cycles, then switched exercises. Larry David suggested alternating “one arm” merkins (really just merkins with one hand on the rock, cycles of 5 per side). Then we did alternating shoulder taps. Then we did rock taps.
2) Mosey to parking deck for Sevens (Squats and Star Jumps)
3) Mosey to World of Beer parking deck and mosey up the seven flights of stairs to the top for Fives (wide grip merkins and jump squats, I think)
4) Mosey down parking ramp and almost all the way back to start. Stop at the last building for 1/2 Dora. I tried to give the disclaimer here, but Duty Free told me no dice at this point. Partner runs a loop around the building while other partner exercises. 50 LBCs, 100 Heel Tap Freddy Mercurys, 150 Squats. Mumble chatter from Turkish Bath about moving squats to a lower count. It was considered.
5) Mosey back to start for COT. No time for Mary.
12 Catalyst PAX, 5 Ruckers
Neighbor 2 Neighbor work day Saturday
VOYO 10k Sign Up today for team assignments
Blood Drive Finley YMCA on 8/28 needs donors and volunteers
Labor Day convergence and 9/11 Stair Climb details coming soon
Prayers for Wilson’s missing Rucksack. Prayers unspoken.
Fazio took us out.
Seven years ago on 8/7/14, I was an FNG at Dawn Patrol. I definitely fartsacked a lot more back then. Thankfully the men of F3 Raleigh kept posting whether I did or not, so F3 Raleigh was still there when I was finally ready to push. I love you guys.
Dingo was an FNG at Dawn Patrol on 8/7/14 as well. I tried to coordinate a co-Q, but work had him out of town.
Flush said this Q was harder than my last Catalyst Q. I’ll take it.
This was my ninetieth Q of the year. No movement on my #F3Q21 #2021Challenge Q as it’s a repeat AO. Next Q is Sunday (tomorrow) at NeedMore Ruck in South Wake.
Catalyst PAX: Fazio, Turkish Bath, Captain Kangaroo, My Precious, Duty Free, GoGo, Screech, Hope Solo, Man Pants, Larry David, Flush, Pigpen
Rucker PAX: Wilson, Epoxy, Gnard Dogg, Deliverance, Burt
Workout Date: 08/07/21