The Pax gathered at 5:45 for the early morning beatdown at The Forge and the Spring Thaw has brought back some old timers. A perfect 45 degree start to the day as we hit the pavement:
– Indian Run to upper parking lot and warm up with:
-25 SSH, 20 good mornings, 20 wide arm merkins, 20 mountain climbers
– Indian Run up and back to Gazebo
– 15 Urkins, 15 Dips, 15 Dirkins (x 3 sets)
– Jog down to steps
– Burpee ladder up the steps (up the steps, 1 burpee, back down, up the steps for 2 burpees, back down, etc) all the way to 5 burpees. While waiting to ascend the burpee steps we did planks, squats, Russian hammers, ad nauseum.
– Zoo crawl around the lake – 15 seconds of bear crawl, 15 seconds of gorilla, 15 seconds of crab walk, then a 15 second sprint – repeat until we are all the way around the Pullen Lake – (note: lots of groans and cussing on this one so must have hit the sweet spot).
– jog to stage and do 25 left / right step ups
– Do the old fashioned foot ball speed drill (40 seconds, 2 reps) with plank hold at the end
– Round Robin Mary – each PAX calls out a Mary x 5 reps so a total of 90 mary reps
– COT & Prayers – many were offered for healing, peace, family reconciliations. Countrywide took us out with a strong and faithful prayer