20 PAX made it out on a chilly morning for a little fellowship and fitness. Jokes on twitter had YHC thinking about how to really punish the PAX. YHC was reminded of a beatdown a couple weeks ago…yeah, that oughta do it. One FNG (welcome Bridgegate!) so the disclaimer was shouted over the talkative and unruly PAX, and we were off.
Jog up to Billy Run line, circle up for SSHx20, IWx10, Good Morningx10, Merkins x 10 IC, Squats x 10 IC.
The PAX followed YHC through the tree line over to the top of the big hill. At the bottom, YHC explained the exercise…7s – Burpees at the top, 4-ct Freddy Mercs at the bottom. But wait, one more thing…each time up the hill is a backward run.
The PAX were calling for an audible even before completing the first trip up the hill. Don’t worry fellas, it gets worse! Plank it out when done, let the hips and hammies recover, then head over to the dam.
At the dam, count off in 1s and 2s for 3 rounds of fun:
- Round 1 – 1s Gorilla hop up the dam, 10 diamond Merkins, 2s Squats AMRAP – Flapjack
- Round 2 – 1s, same thing as before, 2s LBCs ARMAP – Flapjack
- Round 3 – 1s, same thing (‘cept for a Harambe sighting!!!), 2s rotate between side oblique crunches and merkins – Flapjack
That was fun. We visited the two steep hills, so YHC led everyone to the not-so-steep-but-very-long hill for another set of 7s – Burpees at the top, Merkins at the bottom. Random mary while waiting for the 6, then head to the Billy Run line. 1s line up and sprint on Freebird’s call. Then 2s line up and go on Smokey’s call. Thanks guys!
Short on time, we knocked out 30 LBCs in cadence. To be honest, I was struggling to breathe at this point. Good times.
- Count-o-rama: 20 PAX
- Name-o-rama: Still 20, 4 RESPECTs, 15 Mehs, 1 Hate (like, a legitimate Hate…not me)
- Announcements: there are so many, we’re gunna add it below in it’s own section
- Prayer Requests/Praises: Thank God for our health, and that we routinely choose the option to come out and work hard with our brothers
- Thanksgiving Day Beatdown: Tomorrow at 7am, hour long, Ma bell with the Q, at the usual B.O. starting point.
- Black Friday Convergence: At Dangerzone at 7am, Largemouth with the Q, hour long. Burn some calories for heaven’s sake!
- Christmas Party: Dec 15th at Mellow Mushroom Cary, 6:30PM. Thanks Riptide for getting that set up! There will be a fundraiser at the party for Levi Moore. More details to come…
- Toy Drive: Operation Sweet Tooth in Carpex is under way. Please bring in toys when you post and give to Ma Bell or your site Q. Toys will be donated to Toys for Tots and also McCants may have specific toy ideas we can use to support local Raleigh kids too!!
- Carpex Third F: Callahan and Shut-In are starting up a Third F at Bruggars from 0645-0715 one Wednesday a month starting December 7th! More details to come…
- Turkey Drive: Donate to M4L in South Wake to support the Turkey drive for the Rescue Mission. Look to Pet Sounds for M4L’s paypal, its in the Google Group.
- Best part of my day right here. I love a good NMS
- In fact, you could say it’s something I’m…wait for it…THANKFUL for!
- That was dumb. Apologies.
- Thanksgiving this year will be a little different for me, unfortunately.
- I mean, Thanksgiving will be fine. Good food, football, a nice workout to get things off on the right foot. But Black Friday is going to be all wrong.
- Granted, I’ll get to post at my favorite AO, which is being Q’d by the best Site Q in Carpex proper, but the rest of the day is going to be…lacking.
- Why, you might be asking yourself?
- Well, I’ll tell you why.
- I’ll be working.
- Sure, that doesn’t seem like anything groundbreaking. But it is, in my world.
- The last 3 years, my wife has had to work on Black Friday. But I have had the day off.
- Since I had nothing better to do, my wife would always get a 4-page list together and would send me into the warzone, also known as Black Friday shopping.
- And listen…it was my favorite thing all year long.
- Not because I like to shop…no, definitely not.
- It’s because I absolutely love to peoplewatch. i think people are fascinating. And especially the sort of people (read: lunatics) you encounter on Black Friday. Those are my people.
- So, for the last 3 years, I’ve gotten up early with the wife, got her ready for work, kissed her goodbye, then grabbed my list and headed out into the chaos.
- To make the day more entertaining, I would live-tweet my way through multiple stores and situations. It was my favorite thing.
- But this year, I’ll be at work. Who works on Black Friday?!?!
- Well, aside from the poor folks who work in retail. Pour one out for those people. I truly feel bad for those folks.
- And more importantly…How am I supposed to live-tweet about my Black Friday Observations from work?
- That’s not any fun!
- Here are some of my favorite BFO’s from the last 2 seasons (and yes, Black Friday is a season y’all):
#bfo Traffic on Black Friday is enough to make one consider a major life change. Do I want to be a criminal? How bad could jail be, really? #bfo I’m hearing “you can go to hell” and “merry christmas” in a 2:1 ratio so far, and we’re only 35 minutes into the day #america #bfo People to avoid on Black Friday: anyone wearing workout clothes to shop, folks with kids, people who look lost. So everyone, basically #bfo Just screamed obscenities for a straight minute. Dude in a gigantic truck just stopped at a green light for no reason #GOOOOOOOOOOOO… #fbo Didn’t learn from last year. Too much coffee = pee breaks every 25 minutes. Really hampering my efficiency. #bfo Oh my goodness! Dude in front of me just bought 12 pairs of Jorts! God bless America! Land of the free, home of the brave! #jortsinbulk #bfo Sometimes i pretend to be on the phone so i can feel less alone. Thats not really a #bfo, moreso just a little truth nugget about me #bfo: the air in Kohl’s is tense. I feel danger. Like, real danger. I’m not kidding, i might need to bounce soon
- I want to do all that again! It’s just not fair.
- You know what? Screw it…I’m live-tweeting from work on Black Friday. What do you have if you don’t have traditions?
- Feel free to mute me on twitter if you aren’t interested.
- Who am I kidding…you’re interested. Yes, even you Ripper. It’s okay. Just accept it. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can really start living life the way it’s supposed to be lived.
- Gotsta go (sooo many words). See you all tomorrow