Mosey around park
- Plank at backstop
- Sears bar burpee AMRAP
- Zercher squat with PVC pipe AMRAP
- 50 lb. KB swing AMRAP
- 35 lb. KB clean and press AMRAP
- Bench Press 135 x10
- Run up hill for burpees x5
- 120 yd. sprint to backstop
- Tire flip x2
Lap around the park at an uncomfortable pace.
- Bench press. In the middle of a public park. At 5:55 in the AM. Lookin’ at the passers-by like they’re the ones out of place. Strong, brothers, strong.
- If silence is the measure of a good day in the gloom (it is), then this was a good day in the gloom. Little to no mumblechatter. Only the sound of iron striking iron.
- Several double downers from this morning’s GORUCK Challenge training session. Maize will be glad to learn that Hooch is now a member of the team, so YHC can modify his “all time Maize” partner carry strategy for the upcoming challenge to “all time Maize and/or Hooch” partner carry strategy.
- For HM uninitiated, all of the gear used during the workouts is stored in Money Hose’s basement. It’s a delicate situation, at best. The trick is to extract and replace the gear without making a sound, because sound = death to all. So here’s a special thanks to you, “Mr. Prop-the-70 lb.-PVC-Pipe-Against-The-Wall-With-No-Support-Guy” (I’m looking at you Cinderella), for that special little moment of terror experienced by YHC and Mr. Hose upon realizing said PVC pipe was sliding down the wall and making a beeline for the gas pipe that feeds the open-flame furnace in his basement. Nothin’ to see here, boys, nothin’ to see.
- Lots of stuff going on in Raleigh these days. Check The Twitter, The Facebook, The LinkedIn, or The Website for details.
- Kudos to Hooch for launching us out into the day through a communal conversation with our Father.