With the VSF planted and Cinderella rolling up to Roanoke Park rocking out to, well, something, 13 Pax set out into the darkness to tackle a Roanoke-style obstacle course.
Warm-up: No, thank you
After a brief lap around the park, inclusive of a high-level overview of the course, the Pax paired up to race through the course (Note: no resting at any time, if a Pax is waiting for something, 4-count flutter kicks instead):
- Starting line: Corner of the park closest to Money Hose’s house
- Sprint length of park to basketball court
- Bear crawl length of basketball court
- 3 x 8-count bodybuilders
- To the swing: 2 pull-ups, monkey crawl down and back, 2 pull-ups
- To the next swing: 2 pull-ups, monkey crawl down and back, 2 pull-ups
- 10 x burpee box-jumps
- Lunge walk 1/2 of boardwalk
- 20 x KB swings
- Lunge walk remainder of boardwalk to shelter
- 10 x pull-ups
- 10 x medicine ball tosses over backstop
- Bear-gorilla-bear to base of hill
- 10 x Mama Junk flips with partner
- Heavy Bag carry log-style to stop sign and back
- Partner carry (dealer’s choice) alternating all the way to Bickett Blvd.
- Lap around park back to basketball courts
- Back to #3 above…
Solid effort by the Pax this morning, it looked like about 1.25 laps were completed. #itwasnoteasy
Circle up for Mary:
- Russian Hammers x 25
- Freddies x 25
- Money Hose today broke fashion tradition with many of Pax and decided to sport a collared shirt this morning, with the argument being that it is made of moisture-wicking “space shuttle” fabric. When asked about why he was wearing a golf shirt, his defense began with, “No man, it’s a tennis shirt…” Such a fashion statement has not been made at Heavy Metal since Pacman’s rocking of a sweater vest and khakis in November 2012.
- Part of Heavy Metal is about innovation. That said, beware that Heavy Bag’s range has now been extended to the entire park with Money Hose’s revelation that we can use a handtruck to cart Heavy Bag to anyplace we want. The only issue is appearance – Chong Li seemed to think we were moving either: (a) a nitrous oxide tank (seriously), or (b) a bomb.
- Mule next Saturday, 7am at Pullen