In the great world of F3 Raleigh, there are certain standards that must be upheld. At the original weekday classic at always beautiful Fletcher field, those standards are higher than any other Wednesday workout site. Those who cannot meet them go exercise on Wednesday mornings at suburban outdoor shopping malls in North Raleigh. With that said, these 23 mighty Pax took on 10 Rounds with Tyson, Ball Bearings style.
Shovel flag planted. Disclaimer given. Let’s roll.
- Run to upper parking lot
- SSH x 25
- Imperial Walkers x 20
- Sir Fazio Arm Circles x 9, Reverse x 9
- Good Mornings x 10
Mosey to lower soccer field to stand toe-to-toe with Mr. Tyson.
10 Rounds with Tyson…the Ball Bearings Way
YHC calls an exercise, Pax sprint across soccer field to base of Hamburger Hill, complete 10 reps, run to top of Hamburger Hill, 10 more reps, sprint to the House of Cats, 10 more reps, back to the top of the hill, 10 more reps, bottom of the hill, 10 more reps, sprint back across the field to the sideline. 10 rounds. 10 trips up Hamburger Hill. 500 reps. Let’s do this.
Round #1: Standard Merkins
Round #2: Monkey Humpers
Round #3: Diamond Merkins
Round #4: Prisoner Squats
Round #5: LBC’s
Round #6: Carolina Dry Docks
Round #7: Reverse Lunges
Round #8: Wide Grip Merkins
Round #9: Star Jumps (#crowdpleaser)
Round #10: Burpees (#bastardcalls #digdeep)
With time running out, mosey to Stone Circle for a few minutes of Mary:
- Flutter Kicks x 25
- WWII Sit-ups x 25
- LBC’s x 25
- Some pax pointed out that 10 Rounds with Tyson sets are “supposed” to be only 3 stops (i.e., 30 reps each exercise). YHC guesses they are also “supposed” to be conducted on flat fields. But this is Ball Bearings. We do 50 reps, and throw a steep hill into each round for good measure. Well done men.
- Make sure you sign up for the Mule if you intend on participating – sign-up form is on the website.
- Welcome FNG Feather – not a lot to go on here name wise, so had to adjust to a Forrest Gump reference.
- Special mention to Munson for stepping up in an Assistant (to the) Q role by providing his phone to record names for this Backblast. From “perpetual fartsacker” to Asst. (to the) Q. #promotion
- Today (approximately) marks YHC’s two-year anniversary with F3. Two years after starting working out in the dark in public parks with a bunch of strangers, YHC wouldn’t want to have it any other way. Iron sharpens iron and thank you men.
- Quote of the day: “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” –Marcus Aurelius
- Thank you Floppy for taking us out in prayer.