cru·ci·ble (n): a place or occasion of severe test or trial
With temps unexpectedly dipping below 40 degrees and 16 Pax eagerly waiting to start the week, the shovel flag was planted, disclaimer given, and these brave men stormed Williams Park to be tested and forged into something better.
Warm-up: Led by Pink Slip
- Jog the big loop around the soccer field and circle up in the parking lot for:
- SSH x 20
- Standard Merkins x 20
- Sir Fazio Arm Circles x 10, Reverse x 10
Back over to Fungo to mosey over to the field in the center of the short track for…
Pax line-up on baseline facing cones placed at 3 5-yard intervals
- Bear crawl the first section, gorilla walk second section, bear crawl the third section (Orwell: this is how they came up with the name “Bear-Gorilla-Bear”)
- 10 Burpees, then bear-gorilla-bear back to start for 1 Prisoner Squat
- Repeato until done, down to 1 Burpee and 10 Prisoner Squats
Run laps around track until all Pax are finished and to restore feeling in fingers.
Once all are finished, recover on the yog over to the picnic shelter for…
This Ain’t no Picnic
Partner up, with Partner #1 taking off on the run around the big loop. Meanwhile Partner #2 stays at the picnic shelter and continuously cycles through:
- Derkins x 20
- Bulgarian Split Squats x 20 (10 each leg)
- The Dip x 20
- Alt. L/R Step-ups x 20 (10 each leg)
Flapjack once Partner #1 completes the loop. Repeato alternating partners running the loop and completing the circuit until time is called.
Mosey to the soccer field for Jack Webb x 10
Mary: Back over to Pink Slip
- LBC x 20
- Mountain Climbers x 20
- Freddies x 20 (thanks Wilson)
- TClaps to Pink Slip for his first partial Q. Aye!
- Great work by the Pax battling through the Bear-Gorilla-Bear 11’s. Bear-Gorilla-Bear by itself is rarely fun, and stacking 55 burpees and squats each on top doesn’t help. Strong work men. #crucible
- Ethanol moves to Crabtree starting next week, 0530 launch, and following more of a tempo (read: harder) bootcamp, maybe attracting some Urban Jungle Pax. One can only conclude that this means if Urban Jungle is too easy for you, you should go to Ethanol. #ballbearings #knuckledragger
- Quickhatch walkabout at 0300 this Saturday. Yes, 0300.
- Thanksgiving convergence will be at Dawn Patrol at 0700.