AO: The Judge
Workout Date: 07/15/21
I was racking my brain about what to do for the Judge this week when an idea came to mind. Dawn Patrol has been my home AO for quite some time, and The Judge regularly gets a decent amount of mileage. I remembered past Dawn Patrol Qs by Vortex where we attempted to make it to the Judge and back. Wouldn’t it be fun to try to meet up with Dawn Patrol? I checked the DP Q sheet, and guess who was slated to Q DP? Yep, kismet. I texted Vortex to bounce the idea off of him, and he was game. The staggered AO starts would make it a brief meet up, but I thought it would be entertaining at least. But how would I work actual boot camp stuff into an out-and-back run? The final piece of the plan would be an homage to one of the other toughest workouts in Raleigh, Pony Express. Some say that homage is French for “stealing”. To-may-to, To-mah-to. Lets go!
Well, for about ten minutes, I thought I was going to be the only PAX, but Ron Mexico pulled up with a couple of minutes to spare. A third car came in and parked a little bit away. We waited and stretched On-Your-Own (OYO) for a minute or two to see if he was one of ours, but no. Since we were stretched we get right to it and head towards DP.
1) Pony Express to meet Dawn Patrol. Run 1/4 mile, then do a couple of exercises x10, picking from chest, abs, and legs. I don’t remember them all. Six stops to get to the meetup with Dawn Patrol at Tenko Japan.
2) Partner up and run in different directions around Tenko Japan. When partners meet, 10 partner merkins. Three laps, so six meetings. Mumble chatter from Spin Class about how we didn’t warm up. So end with Side Straddle Hops x20 In Cadence. Time for us to head back. There was a little confusion from Fruity Pebbles and Mr. Slate about following us.
3) Pony Express back to NCMA.
None, no time.
2 PAX (11 from Dawn Patrol)
1) Carpex Dads on 7/17 at 9am, led by YHC at full Metal Jacket AO
2) South Wake/Carpex Q Swap Week(s): Last week of July in South Wake, First week of August in Carpex
Prayers for Ron Mexico’s ankle injury to continue to heal quickly. Prayers unspoken.
YHC took us out.
It was an intimate crowd from The Judge, but I enjoyed the fellowship with Ron Mexico.
It was great to see my Dawn Patrol brothers, whom I’ve missed as I’ve been Kevin Durant-ing all over Wake County. Also good to see Mr. Slate getting back out in the gloom.
We weren’t as fast as Pony Express, but we had hills.
Since Ron Mexico was the only Judge PAX, I may do the same thing again next time.
I swung by Dawn Patrol on the way home and learned that Vortex has successfully led DP to the Judge twice, for those counting.
This was my seventy-eighth #F3Q21 #2021Challenge Q (eightieth overall).
PAX: Ron Mexico, Pigpen
Workout Date: 07/13/21