9 PAX posted at #F3Catalyst on what was a “warm” 28 degree morning for my maiden voyage into the Q-gloom. Still needing to shed calories from 2 days of gluttony, we set off for an hour of hill hate.
jog to “round bank”, ssh x20, good morning x 20, windmill x 20, run up bank steps, derkin x 10, cross six forks on lassiter mill
Lassiter Mill Hill Hate (the descent):
- butt kickers to parking lot entrance
- high knee run to Pamlico intersection, burpee x 5
- recover on run to beltline bridge, grab a spot on the guardrail, dip x 15, irkin x 15
- recover on run to white brick ledge, box jump x 20
- recover on run to wood fence, balls to the wall x 25
- recover on the Indian run to greenway entrance near Root Elementary
divide into 2 groups. 1s: diamond incline merkin (vampire merkin/verkin, done on pointy wooden posts suitable for battling Dracula) x 25. plank. 2s: bear crawl parking area, burpee x 5, bear crawl back. flapjack and repeat so each group gets 2 sets of each.
Lassiter Mill Hill Hate Hate (the climb):
- run to wood fence, people’s chair x 25
- recover on run to white brick ledge, dip x 15
- recover on run to guardrail, derkin x 15
- recover on run to Pamlico, merkin x 15
- recover on run back across six forks, down bank steps to grassy area at rear of parking lot
* total distance covered 2.6 miles, half of that was an uphill battle
speed merkin set (QIC had some counting issues), mini sets from 1 up to 5 and back down to 1, quick pace, no rest between sets.
sprint back to Carroll for Mary
- reverse lbc x 25
- lbc x 25
- Russian/’Merican hammer x 25
prayers for Rain Man, Steroid and M Steroid, M Gnobby and B Gnobby.
toy drive, Christmas party, 2nd F at Southland Ballroom.
Had some great 2nd F time at coffeeteria this morning. Thanks to the PAX for the support on my maiden voyage! F3 has made an immeasurable difference in my life and I am grateful for all of you!