Years ago on this day, YHC took a leap of faith and Q’d his first F3 Raleigh workout. Urban Jungle was the AO and I have little memory of what we did other than I said hello to 40 and got through it. I returned once again to lead the PAX and 28 HIM’s got better today. With such a large group, I knew I had to plan accordingly and here’s what went down.
Pre-Run (510am): 5 PAX (Burger Feet, Man Ram, Mr. Crabs, My Precious, Borland)
- Run from NH up Six Forks to corner of Millbrook and back.
- Warm-Up: 6 Burpees, Fazio Arm Circles, Good AM’s, maybe something else.
- Count off by 6 and break into groups 1-6. YHC called out 6 pain stations and each group would rotate between them all.
- Station 1: 6 Large Cinder Blocks (6 Curls, 6 Overhead Press, 6 Squats)
- Station 2: Mary Exercises (6 reps) – each PAX call out and lead an exercise
- Station 3: Run from station 2 to JCPenney fountain. 6 Irkins, 6 Derkins (x2). Run back
- Station 4: Sprints x 4. Sprint halfway down parking lot, 6 Merkins. Sprint back, 6 Squats (repeat)
- Station 5: Bear Crawl across parking lot to JCPenney wall – Balls to the Wall (6 count) and Bear Crawl back
- Station 6: Run down to lower level of parking garage. 6 pull ups, 6 merkins and run back
- After 1 rotation, we stayed in our groups and did an Indian Run down to the Target parking lot
- Staying in your group, complete the following as a team:
- 100 Merkins
- 200 Squats
- 300 LBC’s
- Plank exercises until all groups are done
- Squat hold until all groups are done
- Circle Burps
- Each group called out a burpee type as we went around the circle twice.
- While waiting for your team’s turn, keep your feet moving like a football player
- Repeat the Circle Burp
- note: the PAX kept things interesting here with the burpee varieties
- Indian Run in groups behind Target, up towards REI, take a left then right at the big fountain near Firebirds and finish up at the JCPenney lot
- McFly led some Mary while we waited for the Six
- 9/11 Stair Climb
- Labor Day Convergence – Ambassador AO (Chavis Park) – 7am
- Come support The Trudge (Healing Transitions Workout – Tuesday 530am)
- Hurricane Relief – Burgaw Rebuilding Efforts – continue to sign up and help. Burger Feet is your main contact.
- Cotton – family
- Man Ram – my Uncle Charlie had a heart attack and is in the ICU
- Azul – cancer treatment and recovery
- Why I love F3 is that you never know who you’ll bump into. Lee from Charlotte was in town for business and posted along with Hot Lips. The last time I saw Lee was maybe 4 years ago when he was guest Q at The Judge and introduced us to the “Lee 500”. It sucked. He crushed us and I never forgot it.
- 6 years has flown by. Reflecting on my time in the gloom, I am thankful for the memories and support over the years. I mentioned at COT that what started off as a different kind of workout has turned into a brotherhood. I want to get better in all aspects of my life and I post many days with a desire to help my brothers but many times, I bring burdens I need to share. Thank you men for being there. Continue to post and step up to lead. You won’t regret it.
- If you’re interested in a daily devotional written by an F3 brother, sign up for the F3 Qsource blog.
It was my pleasure to lead. See you in the gloom.
Man Ram – out