On a soggy morning at Roanoke Park, the VSF planted, and the JV team someplace else, 16 Pax set out into the gloom to face the pain.
Warm-up (courtesy Money Hose):
- SSH x 20
- Sir Fazio Arm Circles x 10, Reverse x 10
- Eastern Bloc Marches x 20
- Windmills x 20
- Mountain Climbers x 20
Pax divide up into pairs to tackle eight pain stations, with Station #1 acting as time-keeper and dictator of Mary for Stations 7 & 8:
STATION #1: Mama Junk Complex – 5 tire flips, 10 box jumps, 10 Derkins, 10 Sledge Hammer Slams (each partner)
STATION #2: Kettlebell Swings x 20, Flutter Kicks (alternate as many sets as possible)
STATION #3: Strict Dead-hang Pull-ups x 5 (alternate as many sets as possible)
STATION #4: Heavy Pipe Zercher Squats x 10 (alternate as many sets as possible)
STATION #5: Strict Merkins w/ 45lb. Plate x AMRAP – chest touches the ground, lock elbows at the top (alternate as many sets as possible)
STATION #6: Gun Show – dealers choice among Sears Bar, 35 lb. KB, and 45 lb. plate (alternate as may sets as possible)
STATION #7: Mary
STATION #8: Mary
Strong work by the Pax this morning – doesn’t read like much, but with time to work through 3-4 sets of each exercise and 50-100 counts on Mary, the Pax got in a good morning of work.
- Catalyst kicks off Saturday at 7am. Be there, with pre-run before. Bring someone you know who needs F3.
- F3 Raleigh T-shirts are up on the F3 website for order. Talk to Vila if you have questions about this.
- A pre-Ball Bearings ruck session is in the works. Let Fungo or Money Hose know if you’re interested.