There’s a quote attributed to Woody Allen that says “80% of success is just showing up.” If that’s true, mission accomplished at Flood Zone. Not only did the Pax show up in droves, they came ready to work. So work we did.
Run up the ramps to the top deck alternating forward, backward and karaoke
Quick warm up circle at the top
The Stacker (a work in progress):
- round 1: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 5 burpees
- round 2: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 squats, 10 merkins, 5 burpees
- round 3: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 squats, 20 CDD’s, 15 squats, 10 merkins, 5 burpees
- round 4: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 squats, 10 merkins, 5 burpees
- round 5: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 5 burpees
Disclaimer: the above is what The Stacker format was supposed to be, but I had to skip a few sets due to time constraints, thus botching the concept for the rest of the Pax. However, it did lead to a deep conversation with Denali about the uselessness of the penny, so we at least got something out of it.
Run down the steps to collect the rest of the Pax.
Warm up circle: SSH’s, good mornings, mountain climbers, IW’s
Head over the #ShakyBridge and Partner Up for Burpee Chaser down the Greenway: Partner 1 takes off on the run, Partner 2 does 5 burpees and sprints to catch Partner 1. When Partner 2 catches Partner 1, Partner 2 continues to run while Partner 1 does 5 burpees and sprints to catch Partner 2. Continue all the way to Glenwood overpass.
Plank set while Pax finishes.
Continue down the Greenway into the deeper Gloom. Stops along the way for some merkin variations.
Arrive at base of Sisyphus. Each partner pair grabs a rock to share.
Rock Chaser: Partner 1 takes off up Sisyphus carrying the team rock, while Partner 2 does 5 hand release merkins then sprints to catch up with Partner 1. Partners flapjack once Partner 2 catches Partner 1.
Disclaimer 2: Yo-Yo was my partner. I started with the rock. He caught up to me fairly quickly. #Shocker I handed off the rock to him. I didn’t see him again until we got to the top. I had mixed emotions about that, which I’m still sorting through.
3 MOM (rock optional): LBC’s, Dying Cockroaches, Hammers
Mosey down Sisyphus, drop your rocks, quick merkin set, head back to home base. Stops along the way for a few more planks and merkins.
Finish with partner sprint in back parking lot.
- Tclaps to all the Pax for staying with the set. A lot of men covering a lot of ground in sometimes not a lot of space. Thanks for hanging in.
- On the run back to base, I overheard Countrywide sharing stories about his 2.0’s basketball league. Apparently, they actually keep score – one team wins and the other loses – and this still seems to matter to these kids. Who knew? No worries – we are all winners at Flood Zone. I will have your participation ribbons next week.
- Thanks to all the Pax who came out to Chavis on Saturday. Special thanks to White Shoe and Wendell Gee for taking the lead and getting that site off the ground. Can’t wait to watch the roots start to grow out there.
- Another thanks to all who participated in or contributed to the Flag Football tourney, with a tip of the cap to MacGruber and Zima for handling Q responsibilities. Fun to watch guys get after it and relieve the glory days, notwithstanding the awkward co-ed flag-grabbing issues. Way to keep it clean, boys.
- F3 Dads next Saturday (4/25), 9:15, Fletcher Park. Give the M’s a break and connect with the 2.0’s in the unique F3 way.
- Plenty of Fall CSAUP on tap – BRR, GoRuck Challenge, Spartan. Strongly encourage anyone on the fence about these to make the HC. #NoRegrets
- Praise for Peach Pit’s dad’s successful surgery and Hushpuppy’s dad’s continuing improvement. And #PlankForTR
As always, an honor and a pleasure. Aye.