13 PAX showed up at Martin MS for an off-campus adventure through the Greenway and Art Museum trails. It was warm and humid, but a good day to run. A few new faces to Hi-Fidelity, including a 2.0, an FNG, and several first time PAX. All were welcomed and did well. On to the thang…
Jog down Horton St to the Greenway entrance and up to the base of the first hill – 0.6 miles
Warm-up circle including the standard Good Mornings x 13, Imperial Walkers x 15, and Windmills x 20.
Today’s line-up features Hills, and more hills. Uphill, downhill, you name it. In early preparation for the #BlueRidgeRelay, we began with hill repeats at full intensity. 7 uphills and 4 downhills. For those keeping track at home – the other 4 downhills (and one uphill) were recovery runs. All-in-all 4+ miles of work and a lot of elevation. Strava record is here.
Much Yard Art was seen at the Art Museum. Inspired by said art, Cornholio threw in a 10x of Merkins instead of YHC’s simple plank for one of the recoveries as we waited for ManRam to find us (more on that later).
Finishing back at the school parking lot, we completed standard set of stretches – calf, shin, quadriceps, and hamstrings.
- T-claps to Forrest (a/k/a My Boy Blue 2.0), Speed Bump (FNG), ManRam, and Elsinore for making #Hi-Fidelity debuts. Well done boys – hope you make it back out for the fun.
- Hope that My Boy Blue recovers from a little calf injury. He pulled up short on the first hard downhill and couldn’t finish. T-claps also to ManRam for running back up to make sure he was OK, and then missing our turn and wandering around the Art Museum for a little inspiration.
- Speaking of inspiration, seeing My Boy Blue down drove Forrest to the front of the PAX for the next uphill interval, I couldn’t reel him in, but he was shadowed by Sunshine all the way up.
- Congrats to the Komen 5k runners this weekend. Sounds like lots of PRs. #WorkWorks
- Consider your fall running plans. Putting together an F3 group for the City of Oaks – 10k, half-marathon, marathon, and marathon-relay options.