SF planted. No impending rain-burst on the radar. 14 PAX at the ready. Pepe answered the bell to co-Q. Following Fungo’s leg destruct-o-rama and prisoner squat humpers the previous week (“Harry Callahans” he calls them), YHC deemed it fitting to craft an arm numbing event. In the end, would the PAX be reduced to the invincibility of Monty Python’s the Black Knight? “None shall pass.”
Warm Up: Pepe
- Jog to the upper parking lot
- SSH x20, Good Mornings x20, Imperial Walkers x20, Mericans x20
The Thang: Mr Hand
- Grab a brick from YHC’s car, which was inconspicuously dropped off near the upper lot.
- With 2 bricks each, run through park around Broughton HS to the entrance of Holliday Gym
- 15 burpees oyo
- In cadence: 10 curls, 15 chubby checkers. Double it, 20 curls, 30 chubby checkers
- 15 burpees oyo
- Run around Broughton to the St. Mary’s street side wavy wall amphitheater thing.
- In cadence: 5 dips, 5 derkins, 5 Irkins. Double it: 10 dips, 10 Derkins, 10 Irkins
- Back to Fletcher and the stone circle.
- 5 squat hold jumps. 15 squat thrusters, 10 box jumps oyo
- 11’s Dips, derkins
- 10 box jumps oyo
- 11’s Irkins, Dips (reverse order for Au Pair)
- To the House O’ Cats and split into 2 groups
- Group 1 peoples chair while holding bricks up (sort of)
- Group 2 sprint to Hamburger, bear crawl down with bricks, sprint to fence and all the way back.
- LBC’s x30, Long Slow Flutter x20, Freddie Mercury x30
Thats a wrap!!
- Tclaps to Pepe for venturing into the world of cadence. Look for him at Lourdes and Whiplash soon. Aye!
- Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Convergence at Chavis Saturday April 18. No other workouts. Be present. See pre-blast. Tclaps to Wendell Gee and White Shoe on starting the new site.
- F3 Dads April 25, Fletcher Park. 9:15 to 10:30am. See Pre-Blast from Costco and Peach Pit
- Overdraft took us out.
- Obligatory Mr Hand history lesson for the day: No French Knights were seen taunting the PAX from high aloft Castle Broughton a first or much less a second time. Although, mumblechatter as usual from Au Pair. As one circles the campus, looking for a weak point of attack, they would notice the nice lovely stonework. Broughton HS, Christ Church (downtown), and the Masonic temple on Glenwood Ave (south of Five Points) are all constructed of stone quarried from the lake at the Carolina Country Club.
- Running with bricks is “interesting.” Special shout out to those brick breakers. They were historical, having been made in the 20’s. No dance for you. Repeat the lesson.
- Bear Crawls with bricks are even better. Wish there was more time. O well. “We live to play another day.”
- For Pepe and YHC. Honored to serve. Thanks to the PAX for sharpening us.