Those who know YHC know that when I Q a workout, I usually have a major-league weinke that I subsequently can’t read since I don’t wear my glasses to post. This past Tuesday afternoon, after answering Dice’s call for help with Disabled List/Injured Reserve/Lame Duck, I decided I could roll like Country Wide and just make it up as I go along…
OK, I didn’t come completely unprepared, but I did not bring any kind of weinke, figuring I could always bust out some crowd favorite balls-to-the-walls or some such. Time to bring it to the 7 PAX who braved the little chill in the air…
- Good Morning x 20
- Left-over-right/Right-over-left hamstring stretch x 20 (Q count)
- Mountain Climber x 20
- LBC x 20
- Hollywood stretch x 20 (Q count)
- SSH x 20
- Prayer Squat x 20
- Sir Fazio Arm Circles x 10 (forward/back)
- Merkins x 20
Mosey over to the street for a fun little mini-suicide drill:
- Bear crawl to 1st telephone pole on the left (about 40 yards), lunge walk back
- 5 Burpees OYO
- Bear crawl to 2nd telephone pole on the left (about 80 yards), lunge walk back
- 5 Burpees OYO
- Side-skip to the 3rd telephone pole on the left (about 90 yards), plank it out when completed.
Shuffle over to the curb for:
- Quick Feet x 20
- Merkin Wheel (x10, x10, x10, x10)(thanks, Swirly!)
Ease on over to the side of the Hyatt House hotel, where some lovely planters awaited…
- Dips x 20
- Erkins x 20
- Elevated Crunches x 20
- Single-legged squat x 20 (or substitute for lower-body injuries)
- Repeat-O all, x 15
The PAX then rolled over behind the hotel and selected a nice rock for…
- Curls x 15
- Bent-over row x 15
- Overhead press x 15
- Tricep extension x 15
- 5 Burpees OYO
We repeated this set 3 times. At the end of round 2 we did 6 star jumps, and after the last round we completed 7 Carolina Dry Docks.
After waving to our homies at Urban Jungle, led by Shaggy this morning, we shuffled back to the curb next to Hyatt House and busted out 1 more Quick Feet x 20 set. Then we did balls-to-the-wall for a Q count of 20 followed immediately by balls-to-the-wall-mountain-climbers (always a crowd fave) for a Q count of 20.
Next, the PAX returned to the bottom of the street via Karaoke, swapping sides halfway down the incline of the street. Regular Planks, Putins, and Sarkozy’s, plus 5 Burpees OYO awaited the group at the bottom.
- Dying Cockroach x 25
- Low Slow Flutter x 25
- Homer to Marge x 25
- LBC x 25
- Announcement – Thursday April 30th – 2nd F at Big Boss Brewery – 1st F at 1700 (run, optional), 2nd F at 1800. Bring the M!
- Announcement – Saturday April 25th – F3 Dads at Fletcher Park. 9:15-10:30. Costco & Peach Pit are your event Qs.
- Prayers were offered for Yukon Cornelius’ family and HoJo and his M who are working through a separation. Peace to all our brothers in pain and dealing with emotional hurt!
- Red Dog took us out with thanks to our Lord for the brotherhood and the ability to get out there and push our bodies. Thoughts and prayers to all, both spoken needs and unspoken anguish.
- Good for the PAX to get reacquainted with our brother HoJo who has been out due to hernia surgery. YHC can empathize with that, after missing 12 full weeks of F3 action last year!
- YHC was proud to have put together a pretty decent Q today. I know pride is one of the 7 deadly sins, but I felt pretty dang good helping my brothers sharpen one another. Lots of guys say leading as Q is a privilege – and it is. ‘Til next time!