Midget from @Carpex brought an FNG to the workout, but thought the launch time was 5:30. Accordingly, we had 10 + 1 FNG for EC. Disclaimer Given. Heading out towards the Edward Mill/Creedmoor entrance, we took a left on Edwards Mill. YHC tried to get the PAX thinking we were taking on the massive Edwards Mill Hill before taking a quick left on Crabtree Blvd behind the mall. The PAX took a decent pace down the greenway trail on Crabtree Blvd, stopping for some lunge walking, thru the McD’s parking lot. After a left on Blue Ridge and a quick pit stop for 10 derkins, we took a left back into the mall. Then up the giant ramp on the mall parking deck and back down another ramp (bear crawling the last half). Through the parking deck, down the stairs, and back to pick up the PAX. Approx 1.3 miles.
Picked up the remaining PAX at 5:30. No more FNGs, disclaimer given again and we’re off.
- Mosey to the bottom of the parking deck ramp near Macy’s and circle up (SSH x 15)
- Up the ramp and circle up (Good morning x 15)
- Mosey to the bottom of the next ramp and circle up (Imperial walker x 15)
- Up the ramp and circle up (Sir Fazio Arm Circle x 15 each)
- Mosey to the bottom of the next ramp and circle up (Mountain climber x 15)
- Up the ramp and circle up (Tempo Merican x 10)
“What goes up, must come down”
- Run back down the parking deck, stopping at the bottom of each ramp for 5 merkins (standard, wide grip, diamond). Plank hold at the bottom until the 6 is in.
- Start at the bottom level of the parking deck near the bottom of the ramp. Run a four-corners style set in the parking lot. At the end of the 4th corner, take the stairs up to the second deck and repeat all the way to the 4th Exercises in each corner were:
- 5 Burpees
- 10 Merkins
- 15 Squats
- 20 Mountain Climbers
- The plan was to do plank-ercises until the 6 is in, but YHC was glad to see the group run to meet the 6 and finished the set with him.
- Finish it off with some plank-ercises and 5 tempo merkins.
- Lineup near where the previous set ended and run a set of 7’s with burpees and HR merkins, only in a suicide format. Run to the first light pole (1 burp), back to home (6 HR merks), run to second light pole (2 burps), back to home (5 HR merks)…. And so on to the 6th light pole.
- Again, the plan was to do plank-ercises until the 6 is in, but YHC was glad to see the group run to meet the 6 and finished the set with him.
- Finish is off with a set of Fazio Arm Circles (x10 each)
“What goes up, must come down”
- Run back down the parking deck, stopping at the bottom of each ramp for 5 squats (sumo, prisoner, jump). Plank hold at the bottom until the 6 is in.
- LBC x 20
- Low, slow flutter x 20
- Box cutter x 20
- Have A Nice Day x 30 sec
Welcome to FNG Wax On, who is a medical device salesman (which means he sells medical devices, Captain Obvious) who was born in Raleigh, raised in Brazil, but is back to bring his Latin flavor to the PAX.
The newest F3 Raleigh AO is live. Iron Eagle official launch is tomorrow (6/10) at 7am. Friar Tuck will be your Q.
Prayer request for one of the PAX’s dad who is recovering from surgery.
YHC reflected on his past year. It has been a little over a year since he FNG’d at General Assembly and there has been so much that he has shared with the PAX in that short time. YHC lost his brother a year ago this year week, started a new job, witnessed the birth of his son, and almost lost his mother after a month in the ICU. Today his mom is being discharged from the hospital. Out of that, YHC learned a lesson that there are many ups and down in life, but your family and friends (including the PAX) will always be there to walk through it with you. It’s an honor to lead.
Country Wide led us out with a prayer.