In my previous life, when I paid for a gym membership, I always hated leg day. It seemed like a lot of work and 3 days of soreness for not much in return. I realize that in the grand scheme of things, I was improving myself…but it never gave me the same feeling as leaving the gym and barely being able to lift my arms. In addition, lets just admit it…the chicks dig the gun show. So when given the chance to Q Heavy Metal I took the opportunity to relive some glory days and pump some iron.
The only thing that could have made this workout better….some wall mirrors installed on the backstop! You know what I’m talking about…
It was cold as sheeeeet so we took two warm up laps. We indian run the 2nd lap and then circled up for some exercises.
- SSH X 25
- Windmills x 20
- Imperial walkers x 25
- Plank jacks x 25
- TD merkins x 15
- Diamond merkins x 15
- Balls to the wall 10 cadence count x 2
Stations – we partnered up and had stations lined up on the backstop. The 1st partner would perform the lift while the 2nd partner would run up to the sidewalk, do 3 burpees and run back. Partners flapjack and repeat through all stations.
- Station 1 – Curls with the curl bar
- Station 2 – Kettle bell upright rows
- Station 3 – Boy makers (man makers less the row)
- Station 4 – Kettle bell shoulder press
- Station 5 – Forearm curl
- Station 6 – Boy makers
- Station 7 – Zercher Squats with the heavy bar (I know…I did include 1 leg workout. Terrible!)
- Station 8 – Bent over row
We rotate through this 1 1/2 times, then on to Mary.
- Long slow flutter x 25
- WWII situps x 25
- Hammers x 25
- Strong showing for such a cold morning. Great job done by all.
- With a strong push at the end we had approx 30 Raleigh pax sign up for the USMC Mud Run. Nice! If you have any questions please reach out to Whiteshoe
- F3 Christmas party is scheduled for Dec 19th…I think. Slash is handling this for us.
- BIG SHOUT OUT to the anon Roanoke park patron that left the end screw to our bench press bar on the electrical box. That was HUGE and we can get that piece of equipment back in action next week.