Aye, the bell rang and 25 PAX appeared in the frosty gathering gloom in the #UrbanJungle
This was a #GQ for YHC in @F3Raleigh. Only because it was less than mile from my hotel room was I able to find the #ShovelFlag on time. Which is good. It’s a good start. And then things got ugly.
#Warmarama: spent a little more time on this than usual. YHC saw several pairs of #Mights on the #Faithful, indicating that the brisk temperatures were having an effect.
#RunAroundAwhileAsIfItWerePlannedButReallyLost: having declined all offers from @F3Raleigh PAX to orient YHC to the site beforethe workout, YHC had little choice but to pretend he knew what he was doing. It probably didn’t work.
#SixMinutesOfMary: It being dark and all, YHC thought he was in Walmart parking lot. In fact, he was right outside a #SadClown Hostel. After about three minutes of very strong #ManCount, a resident of the aforementioned (having apparently found himself unexpectedly jerked from his sleep-apnia) leaned out the window and yelled for the #Faithful to shut up. Without missing a single beat (not one), the #Faithful shifted to #WhisperCount for the remainder of the Mary. The #SadClown (we can only assume Brothers) went back to his #FartSack to sleep away another small portion of his life, wasting away the moments that make up a dull day, frittering and wasting the hours in an offhand way.
**It was at this point that YHC spotted a Planet Clipboard and led the #Faithful over to the fogged front windows to leer madly at the #pay-to-plays on their ellipticals in FernForest. Luckily, moments (I mean moments Brothers) before it got stupid and pointless, @Orwell pulled YHC aside and advised him that a major condition precedent to @F3Raleigh’s right to workout in Potemkin was that we do NOT mock the #Spreadsheeters!
#DirtyMcDeuce: yup, four full rounds. It’s old school. It sucks. It’s supposed to hurt.
#BOYO10-1-10: Funny what a brain-screw this is. You get to one and think it’s over, but it isn’t. It just isn’t.
1. YHC (ahem) enjoys a bit of a reputation (well-earned) for not knowing where the heck he is at any given moment. So, no surprise that he found himself this AM in what he thought was a part of the “city”, but was in fact a Potemkin Village. Kind of an outdoor mall.
2. @F3Metro PAX @Sampler told YHC yesterday morning to “look out for his brother in RDU. His name is @Yo-Yo.” Sure enough, @Yo-Yo posted this AM. When told that his brother (@Sampler) was a good-guy-well-liked, @Yo-Yo got real quiet and, after about 20 seconds, just said “really?” Yeah, really.
3. On the way in to RDU last night, YHC just about killed his mini-van. #PhotosToCome.
4. @WendellGee posted, but declined to sing Coolamee Girl to the #Faithful during the #Plankarama. #WhySoStingy
5. So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it’s sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.