39 PAX including 1 FNG gathered round the flag this morning. Second week of THE SPLIT. SNS has the standard boot camp workout and has added a running only workout “Vesper” in an attempt to alleviate the large numbers. The PAX huddled and shuffled and decided what would be their fate for the morning. 11 chose Vesper and 28 chose YHC. Vesper crowd took to the streets of Cary. The remaining listened to a disclaimer for our FNG and off to the gloom of Bond.
Vesper – Run. Few left turns, few right turns, run on trail, return to flag.
SNS BC –
Warm-up – Jog around to the parking lot for 20 SSH, 10, GMs, 20 Plank-jacks, 10 IW, 20 Mtn Climbers, 20 Merkins.
The Thang – Bearcrawl 7s.
Bearcrawl, 6 hand-release merkins, crawl-bear, 1 burpee. So-on and so-forth.
Heading to the alternate entrance to the park. Stop at intersection for plank hold and plank jacks.
Hill suicides, 10 star jumps at the bottom, 10 jump knee tucks at the light pole. Back and to the next light pole, 5 trips in total to get the entrance. Plank hold.
Head toward the boathouse, stopping for planks, squat hold, mnt climbers, chill cut, regular, repeato. Boathouse parking lot for 10 wide grip merkins, and 20 plank jacks.
To the kiosk. Up the hill, 10 burpees, down the hill, 10 burpees, up the hill, 10 burpees, fellowship jog to the flag to reunite with the runners.
COT – Count-o-rama – 39, name-o-rama.
Announcements – there were many, and many that I forgot. Here are a few I remember:
– FWD – new workout on Tuesdays starting 2/21, see Hermes for details
– Nature Boy hosting poker on Thursday night at his house, bring your $$$
– Q School, Sunday 2/12/17 Bond Park Kiosk. CK is your Q. Starts at 1500.
Prayers –Burt and Saban both lifted prayers.
YHC took us out.
Thanks for the opportunity.
– First day under the Q shopping sheet. Most seem to like it.
– It is a dream come true for Burt, who is the ultimate Q shopper.
– 39 names is a lot to remember, but YHC is always up for a challenge. Even tougher when you don’t spent the entire workout with 11 of them.
– Admittedly YHC believes to all the names but was aided in the split of runners vs BCers.
– If YHC made a mistake, sound off.
– Mumble chatter was rolling. McCants praises the mumble chatter and warned against the idle chatter.
– McCants also spent the workout burping up the T-bone he had at Sullivans the night before. Thanks for sharing.
– Chill cut, regular plank, repeato………….is just merkins, who knew.
– Apparently a non-Carpex flag is being planted in Apex by other brothers to the south Wake. Mantan to address.
– Franklin chose running today………really Frankie!?!?! You still mad about my lack of 10 counts??
– Boot campers were at the kiosk when the “fast” group of runners came across the dam. It was a sight to see, head lamps a-blazing.