5:45 arrived….60 degrees, clear skies, 15 PAX and dry fields to F3 in. Can there be a better way to start the week and an F3 workout than this? Only if Au Pair shows up dressed like Wonder Woman in a Red, White and Blue Bikini…..but think he is Posting today at North Hills.
Partner up with someone you do not know…and stay with him till we finish.
Warm-Up….on the run twice around the Big Track
- 1/3 of the way stop and do 15 Good Mornings; start running again
- 1/3 of the way stop and do 20 Sir Fazio Arm Circles (10 each arm); start running again
- 1/3 of the way stop and do 15 Windmills, start running again
- 1/3 of the way stop and do 15 Derkins with feet on your Partners back as he squats down, then flip flop; start running again
- 1/3 of the way stop and do 15 Leg Lifts with Partner pushing down your legs and you stop before they touch the ground, then flip flop; start running again to softball field
- Mickie D’s….becoming a Crucible mainstay much like the Fountain of Youth at Urban Jungle. PAX did a great job here, with little Mumble Chatter.
- This exercise has an official F3 name but I can’t remember what it is. Line up at Fence with Partner. Cones placed in front of us at 25, 50 and 75 yard (including up a small hill) intervals. One partner runs to 1st cone and does assigned exercise then comes back; second partner runs to 2nd cone and does same exercise then runs back, 3rd Cone, 3rd Cone, 2nd Cone, and 1st Cone. Each partner does a total of 30 of assigned exercise while partner waits at fence doing a rotation of Balls to the Wall and Preachers Chair. Exercises are as follows:
- Prisoner Squats x 10
- Star Jumps x 10
- Wheelbarrows. Audible called and PAX went to 1st cone all three trips, doing a flip flop with Partner on the way back.
- Plank Jacks x 10
Time ran out before the final Burpee exercise..and no complaints were heard of skipping these
Newest PAX led the Cadence Count on:
- LBCs x 25
- 4-count long slow flutters x 15
- Russian Hammers x 20
Namaroma: Welcome FNG Kirby! Larry David has quietly EH’d 4-5 FNGs now
Announcements: Murph held Memorial Day. Fathers/kids F3 May 31 at Fletcher. Go shadow the GoRuck men Saturday night/Sunday. Krispy Kreme is open 24 hours a day, so try to head out and show our support of our PAX engaged is this 13 hour painfest.
Prayer Requests: Higgins’ Mom has lost a brother, and about to lose a sister. Keep Her in your Prayers.
I read a devotion from Oswald Chambers below, and Kanye took us out in Prayer.
As always, an Honor to lead you guys!
What Do You Want?
Seekest thou great things for thyself? — Jeremiah 45:5
Are you seeking great things for yourself? Not seeking to be a great one, but seeking great things from God for yourself. God wants you in a closer relationship to Himself than receiving His gifts, He wants you to get to know Him. A great thing is accidental, it comes and goes. God never gives us anything accidental. There is nothing easier than getting into a right relationship with God except when it is not God Whom you want but only what He gives.
If you have only come the length of asking God for things, you have never come to the first strand of abandonment, you have become a Christian from a standpoint of your own. “I did ask God for the Holy Spirit, but He did not give me the rest and the peace I expected.” Instantly God puts His finger on the reason – you are not seeking the Lord at all, you are seeking something for yourself. Jesus says – “Ask, and it shall be given you.” Ask God for what you want, and you cannot ask if you are not asking for a right thing. When you draw near to God, you cease from asking for things. “Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him.” Then why ask? That you may get to know Him.
Are you seeking great things for yourself? “O Lord, baptize me with the Holy Ghost.” If God does not, it is because you are not abandoned enough to Him, there is something you will not do. Are you prepared to ask yourself what it is you want from God and why you want it? God always ignores the present perfection for the ultimate perfection. He is not concerned about making you blessed and happy just now; He is working out His ultimate perfection all the time – “that they may be one even as We are.”