The shovel flag was planted as a Pax of 15 gathered in the gloom of the Shelley Lake parking lot about to give the disclaimer and launch the workout. At that time, a well-known maroon Ford Explorer peeled around the corner on two wheels, in the process nearly astonishing MacGruber.
With the disclaimer given, the now 16 Pax launched into the gloom for another morning of True Grit pain:
- Fast jog up Millbrook to the upper parking lot
- SSH x 25
- Mountain Climbers x 25
- Mericans (4-count) x 10
- Imperial Walkers x 10
Mosey through park entrance and down the path to the loop around the lake and partner up. Partner 1 takes off on the run back to the top of the hill while Partner 2 does 20 burpees and then runs up the hill chasing Partner 1. Partner 1 waits at the top until Partner 2 arrives, in the meantime alternating between 20 hand-release Mericans
and 20 prisoner squats. Once Partner 2 reaches the top, run back to beginning and flapjack. Then repeato, until each partner has made 4 trips each up and down the hill.
Plank-o-rama until all are finished, with Prisoner Squats x 20 thrown in for good measure.
Indian run around the lake to the pull-up bars and find your partner again.
Partner 1 runs on the path back to the dam, bear crawls to the top the hill, 5 burpees, bear crawl down the backside of the hill, and then follow the path on the run back to pull-up bars to relieve Partner 2. Meanwhile, Partner 2 completes continuous circuits of 5 pull-ups, 10 derkins, and 15 jump-ups until relieved. Flapjack.
Circle up for Mary: Box Cutters x 25, LBC’s x 25, High Slow Flutters x 25
- Welcome FNG Complete Me – glad to have you out brother, and looking forward to seeing you in the gloom again soon. The pax were a little slow out of the blocks on the name, but ultimately settled on this Jerry Maguire reference.
- Sign ups are open for The Mule — October 25 at 6:30. See pre-blast here: http://f3nation.com/2014/10/13/pre-blast-the-mule/
- Durham convergence coming soon – see Adolphus for details
- Thank you Maize for closing us out.
Always a pleasure to lead you men, thank you for the opportunity.