With the Blue Ridge Relay a mere 48 hours away, the running PAX were scarce at Hi-Fidelity in the pre-dawn gloom of Martin Middle School. However, two separate running couples were spotted on the track, running in various directions – note, they were ripe for an EH from Floppy Disk. At the same time TWO brave F3 men took to the workout completing 4.3 miles in our 45 minutes alloted.
Warm-up for 1/2 mile with high knees, butt-kickers, and three stride accelerations.
Circle up for dynamic stretching. This engineer and any mathematicians in the PAX should quickly point out that a circle of two is actually a line segment of fixed length. It is not possible to ” circle up” with two points… but I digress
- Wind-mills x 16
- Imperial Walkers x 17
- King David Kicks x 15
The main event
- 3 x 1 km @ T-pace (targeted for 7:15/mile – actual was 6:25 – 7:30) with 200 m recovery
- 6 x 200 m @ R-pace (targeted for 6:08/mile = 46 sec – actual was 43 – 45 sec per 200) with 200 m recovery
COT – cross-reference again the note above addressing the geometry of Euclid.
- Convergence next Wednesday in honor and memory of 9/11/2001. See http://f3nation.com/2013/09/02/9-11-convergence-pre-blast/. Hi-Fidelity will represent in the stair-climb
- Rotating Qs for the next few weeks after Convergence. Yo-yo, Flatline, and Ben Johnson all have the helm shortly.
- Keep our Blue Ridge Relay brethren in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. Sorry I am missing out on the overnight fun.