YHC was checking the Crucible schedule Sunday night and was pleased to know that our call for Q’s earlier this year had done well over the first few months of 2015. But, today, no Q was signed up so after a brief review of some previous workouts, YHC decided it was time to visit our old friend, RangeCrest.
YHC arrived early, planted the Shovel Flag and as if on queue, the wind started picking up and Old Glory flapped beautifully. 9 PAX ultimately posted and with no FNG’s, we got right to it. Just before warm-up, I asked how many knew what Patriots Day was – only 2 that I recall knew – TPS Report gets credit as his M was running a certain race today. More later…
Warm-Up: SSH x 20, Prisoner Squats x 20, Imperial Walker x 20, Fazio Arm Circles x 20 (10 Forward, 10 Reverse), Merkins x 20, Mountain Climbers x 20
Indian Run down Lynn Road, Frogger across to Woodmere Drive, continue Indian Run – brief pause for all PAX – squat hold, plank, Sarkozy, Putin. Continue Indian Run turning right on Beechgrove Road then left on Fernhill Lane. Stop at the bottom of Fernhill.
Bear crawl up Fernhill – about 50 yards – squat hold for all PAX – recovery jog to Rangecrest, turn left to the top.
Teeter Totter: PAX split into 2 groups. Group 1 runs down and back one side of Rangecrest while Group 2 remains on top doing AMRAP exercises. When Group 1 returns, Group 2 runs down and back the other side of Rangecrest while Group 1 does the same AMRAP exercise. When Group 2 returns, Group 1 runs down the other side of Rangecrest while Group 2 does a different AMRAP exercise. This process repeated so that each group ran both sides of Rangecrest twice.
AMRAP: Merkins, WWII Situps, Carolina Dry Docks
Indian Run back to Williams Park – down Rangecrest, right on Valley Lake Drive. A couple audibles to keep the PAX together – Lunge Walk, AYG Sprint – Frogger across Lynn Road, turn right down to the trash dumpster area.
High Knees for about 30 yards, Mummy Kicks for about 60 yards up slight incline in the parking lot, jog to pavilion.
- LBC’s with feet up on picnic bench x 20
- Dips x 20 (10 regular, 5 left leg up, 5 right leg up)
- Left-Right Step Up x 20
- Burpees x 10
- Today is Patriots Day – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriots%27_Day – a holiday that is not celebrated nationwide. This holiday is mainly celebrated in Massachusetts and Maine and commemorates the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War on April 19, 1775. The holiday is observed on the third Monday in April and the biggest celebration of Patriots’ Day is the Boston Marathon, which has been run every Patriots’ Day since April 19, 1897 to mark the then-recently established holiday, with the race linking the Athenian and American struggles for liberty (marathons being so named after the Greek Battle of Marathon).
- With the numbers small, the PAX did a great job keeping together and encouraging each other to push through the pain. Thanks for helping this Q stay aware.
- Two years ago, I was pretty new to F3 when the bombs went off at the Boston Marathon finish line. Our prayer time at True Grit the next day was memorable – I don’t remember much about the workout, but I do remember sitting at the bottom of Dam Hill – we all had something to share or knew someone that was up there when the tragic events occurred. I didn’t know then how much I would come to love my F3 brothers in Raleigh and beyond. To think that now, I actually love going out in all kinds of weather to work out – why? Because I know I will not be alone. Loneliness can kill a man #SadClown and we weren’t born to be drifters. It takes intense discipline to get up early and face the elements but it’s a lot easier when you have fellowship. Thank you Orwell for EH’ing me out of the gym and into the gloom.
- GoRuck Custom for F3 Raleigh – there’s a lot of EHin’g going on. I’ve been asked several times and today as Overdraft was sharing about the GoRuck, CDC pipes up and said “I will signup as soon as you HC”…to which Overdraft responded…”I just signed up last night”. The look on CDC’s face was classic – #CanIGetAWitness #Hilarious
- Flag Football fundraiser – some good $$ raised but not a lot of games played. #10MinQuarters Thanks to all the PAX who supported our efforts with Neighbor to Neigbor
- Overdraft closed us out in prayer