A simple pre-blast Tweet got the Pax thinking. 23 showed up – who knows what would have been without the anticipation
@F3Raleigh – Enron is bringing the “___ – o – Rama” to North Hills Park on Monday morning. See you in the Gloom to fill in the blank…
— Lee Ragsdale (@rags1611) June 17, 2013
YHC heard grumblings from the Pax as we milled about on Currituck Dr. Ron Burgundy appeared relieved to discover that Maize was not leading the beat down today – until he learned that it was worse. MoneyHose trotted up after his pre-workout 5k. The F3 Clown Car emptied its contents, and finally a stray wandered up asking who brought the frisbee and if Au Pair brought his kite (?)… wonders never cease. Floppy Disk would have put on the EH, but YHC simply couldn’t execute
… and then the 23 Pax were off…
1/2 mi warm up jog
Return to Park for Warm-up Circle
Quote of the Day: “… struggling and suffering were the essence of a life worth living. If you’re not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you’re not constantly demanding more from yourself – expanding and learning as you go – you’re choosing a numb existence. You’re denying yourself an extraordinary trip. from Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes
- SSH x 20
- Good Mornings x 20
- Mountain Climbers x 20 (mis-called as another set of Good Mornings…
- Sir Fazio Arm Circles x 10 and reversal
Mosey to Right Field for “Squat-o-Rama”
- Squat with Front Kick (alternating) x 20
- Back Lunge (alternating) x 20
- Stationary Lunge – right x 20
- Stationary Lunge – left x 20
- Sumo Squat – leg lift to side (alternating) x 20
- Plea Squat x 20, with 20 x hold.
- Cross-over behind Lunge x 20
Duck Walk to 3rd base dugout
King David’s Slow, Synchronized Bear Crawl up the hill and back down said hill.
Mosey to upper parking lot for “Push-o-Rama”
- Standard Mericans x 2
- Diamond x 4
- Carolina Dry Docks x 6
- Left-arm up on parking stops x 8 (actual x 10)
- Right-arm up on parking stops x 10 (actual)
- Standard x 9
- Diamond x 7
- Carolina Dry Docks x 5
- Left-arm up x 3
- Right-arm up x 1
Recover on the mosey to the base of Sisyphus Hill for “Hill-o-Rama”
- Sprint 1/3 of the way up the hill to high plank hold
- Return to Base of hill
- Sprint 1/2 up to Sarkozy / Putin rotation
- Return to Base of hill
- Run to the top of the hill for low-plank hold (only after YHC’s pulse drops below 190 bpm)
Fellowship jog to lower parking lot for COT.
- It was explained today how Jennie received his name after forgetting his name a week ago. It was also said that last Wednesday’s “F3 Clown Car” ride home was very quiet among the PAX.
- T-claps to MoneyHose for pre- and post-5k runs today.
- Strong work by many Kotters and a few recent additions. I love Sisyphus Hill and it is not for the feint of heart. I couldn’t catch Chong Li on the final ascent, but he put up a strong pace.
- Per the restraining order placed upon him for mention of GoRuck in the month of June, White Shoe did not publicly mention GoRuck Nasty. Talk to him about it though
- Laurel Hills workout starts next Thursday. Heavy Metal continues…
- July 4th convergence at Laurel Hills
- Chong Li and Maize are showing up at the ‘Nog Run tonight wearing F3 gear. Recruiting new Pax and consuming malted barley (without chewing). Join them if you can.
- Our prayers go out to the Powell family, suffering a tragic loss this weekend. Please lift them up for support, love, and clarity in this painful time.