14 Pax gathered in the gloom around the Shovel Flag for a crisp December morning of pain and shady accounting practices. I thought I counted 15, but I cannot find who I am missing, and the early morning mental fog is working against me. Sound off in comments if you know the missing Pax. 4 tomatoes and a pooch for an audience at the onset, and then two sprinters as we closed. Tuesday is popular at Martin. Thought I had a terroist from Chechnya following me, but it was just Money Hose with his balaclava and signature grey hoodie. Strong fashion sense in that one.
On to the workout …
Track Repeats – jog the same distance as a group to recover after each run
- 2x200m, 2x400m, 1x800m, 2x400m, 2x200m
- Each set is at R pace – see http://www.runbayou.com/jackd.htm – based upon your latest or most recent race performance. Many flexed their recent “Mile Test” times, and others did the best they could.
- The goal for Repeat-training (R) is to improve running efficiency and test the anaerobic system at “faster than 5k race pace”. The early sets might feel easier, but you want to be able to finish the last set at the target pace with strong form.
- Strong work by many at a record-setting workout. 4.5 miles was well earned this morning
- Prayers for Au Pair (father-in-law’s hip surgery) and praise to Tarp for the bundle of joy arriving in May.
- F3 Christmas Party – RSVP. Be there. Enjoy it.
- T-claps to Ben Johnson for a strong Turkey Trot finish – 34:00 flat for 5 miles was 66th overall and 4th in age group. Tarp, Enron, Dieter, and Minnie also ran well.