Another strong showing of 17 PAX at the 6th edition of the young Dante’s Peak workout in Apex. YHC caught a little ribbing for the low-key announcement of “1 minute” at 5:44am. OK, not the first time. 5:45 arrives, now my turn to try to suppress the mumble chatter. Let’s see how it went…
- Short jog to the middle of the soccer field
- 20 SSH
- 20 Hillbillies
- 20 MC
- 15 Chilcutt Peter Parkers
Soccer field beast (6 laps, 6 stops per laps, 6 reps of an exercise per stop)
- Lap 1: Burpees
- Lap 2: Tuck Jumps
- Lap 3: Makhtar N’Diayes
- Lap 4: Jump Lunges
- Lap 5:Freddie Mercuries
- Lap 6: Diamond Merkins
Fellowship run through the sand volleyball courts (possible foreshadowing to a future workout?) and stop at the base of the grass hill (more foreshadowing?). Continue on through the basketball court (avoiding the chain link fence), along the paved trail to the pond on the other side of the park, with a bear crawl across the bridge along the way.
At the pond, find a partner and a medium-sized rock for the following:
- Partner 1: Start lunge walking around the pond with the rock above the head.
- Partner 2: Run around the pond in the same direction. When you catch partner 1, flapjack
- Continue until the rock makes it around the pond
Return rocks and fellowship jog back to the parking lot
- Pretty much out of time so 6-inch leg hold with 5 count around the circle
Several announcements this time of year so keep in touch at workouts, email list, Twitter and/or other BBs to stay in the loop. A few highlights:
- Thanksgiving Day
- Workout – 7-8am at BO location
- Various Turkey Trots in the area including the Inside Out 8k in Cary (Preston)
- Burt Bowl XXII – 9:30(?) am
- Black Friday 11/25 CARPEx Convergence – 7-8am at Danger Zone – No Dante’s Peak workout on Black Friday, 11/25!
- CARPEx toy drive – Start bringing in those toys to CARPEx workouts and get them to Ma Bell. Only one toy collected so far so let’s get this rolling (YHC included!). Deadline is sometime around Dec. 16th.
- CARPEx Christmas Party – December 15th, 6:30pm at Mellow Mushroom on Cary Parkway
- If possible, please participate in the fundraiser at the Christmas Party (See Shut-In for details)
- 3rd F starting up on December 7th after SnS workout (See Shut-In or Callahan for details)
- New Year’s Eve morning CARPEx / Churham Convergence – Saturday, 12/31, 7-8am at the site of Thin Blue Line. (See Ma Bell for details)
No spoken prayers. Thanks to McCants for taking us out in strong fashion as usual.
It was an honor to lead this morning.