Slater – George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.
55 degrees. No rain. No wind. No ice. Gates to North Hills Park wide open. A befuddled Pax of 17 launches into the Gloom. Strange days indeed.
Bob & Weave: YHC adds to the confusion of the morning by launching the Pax on a modified Indian run. Last man weaves through the Pax to the front, runs backward to the end of the line, then sprints to the front. Wash, rinse, repeat around the block. Worked great on the straights, not so good on the turns. Lesson learned.
Mitch – Er, Mr. Payne. Sir. You know every second that you could let us out early would really increase our chances of survival.
Mr. Payne – It’s like our sergeant told us before one trip into the jungle. Men, fifty of you are leaving on a mission. Twenty-five of you ain’t coming back.
Mitch – Okay.
Warm-up Circle: SSH’s, merkins, mountain climbers, arm circles, good mornings
Wooderson – The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin’, man. L-I-V-I-N.
Fives & Dimes: Due to space constraints, Pax divides into two groups. Group 1 does down and back parking lot sprints x 5 with exercises mixed in while Group 2 does exercises pending their return. Groups flapjack.
- Round 1: Sprinters do 10 star jumps at each end. Other group does amrap merkins.
- Round 2: Sprinters do 10 burpees at each end. Other group does high plank hold.
- Round 3: Sprinters do 5 knee jumps at each end. Other group does amrap wide grip merkins.
- Round 4: Sprinters do 7 EKG’s at far end [not sure why I picked 7 as it clearly does not fit the theme, but we went with it nonetheless]. Other group does putin and sarkozy.
- Round 5: Sprinters do 10 jumping lunges at far end. Other group does LBC’s.
Slater – This place used to be off limits, man, ’cause some drunk freshman fell off. He went right down the middle, smacking his head on every beam, man. I hear it doesn’t hurt after the first couple though.
Cemetery Ridge: Mosey over to the hill below the graveyard for some more fun. Same two groups, same concept as above.
- Round 1: Group 1 bear crawls to top of ridge and back while group 2 does squat hold.
- Round 2: Group 1 crab walks to top of ridge and forward crab walks down while group 2 does amrap star jumps.
- Round 3: Group 1 bunny hops to top of ridge and bear crawls down while group 2 planks.
- Round 4: Grab partner for wheelbarrow to top of ridge, jog back down. Flapjack.
Circle up for short Mary/Plank session: LBC’s, Freddy Merc’s, low plank hold around the horn for 5-count each.
Wooderson – All right, all right, all right.
QOD (which I forgot to share with the Pax – nice inspiration): “Courage is not having the strength to go on, it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Teddy Roosevelt
- Good turnout, good enthusiasm this morning. Thanks for indulging me in a few new experiments.
- Welcome to the 2 FNG’s – Sea Bass and Knobby (that’s Knobby with a G, by the way). Well done, and hope to see you back out soon.
- Prayers to Caddie’s dad and Cotton’s father-in-law dealing with their respective health challenges.
- Remember to EH a Kotter or an FNG over the coming weeks. Great time to offer them a change of routine, a change of scenery and hopefully a change of a lifetime.
- Looking to add to the list of HC’s for the GoRuck in May. If you don’t know why you should, just ask someone who’s done it.