We hit Roanoke Park in rapid fashion on Thursday morning. The knee-high
socks grass of Roanoke Park honored everyone’s favorite absent Bermudan. Later on that day, the amber waves of grain fell as the Lost Mowing Crew Number 9 returned for its annual service to our beloved filled-in creek bed.
A compact singularity of metal and sand this morning. 8 stations. 16 pax. Close-in circle of pain.
Pax 1 max reps at given station; Pax 2: Seven Burpees; Switch.
Station 1: Hanging Power Cleans with Sears Bar
Station 2: 50 lbs KB swings.
Station 3: Orange Sled Crush
Station 4: 35 lbs KB swings.
Station 5: Tree lunges
Station 6: 25 lbs Homemade KB Swings
Station 7: Medicine Ball PassBack
Station 8: Cinder Block Partial Credit Man Makers
Station 9: Cinder Block Shoulder Press
Mary: 90 Seconds of Side Chilcut Plank on the Left Elbow/ 90 Seconds of Side Chilcut Plank on the Right Elbow
- Repeato Stations 3 Times; wait for the preceding team to tag and rotate; 5 Spartan burpees on last time through.
- Mental Challenge: Remember to Tag; Remember to Wait for Tag. 2 parts.
- Fungo and Howard are the Clock. Think about that for a minute.
- We’ve now confirmed that Cinderella is in fact a Steroid Laden Deer in elven shoes.
- Tclaps to Fazio for understand adult supervision style 10-counts.
- Negative tclaps to Chong Li for meth-speed 10-counts.
- RIP cedar tree. MIA in the fields of grain.
- Just like Dalton from Jasper, Enron does not sweat. He’s the cooler.
Brilliant Subcommittee Report from Fungo per YHC Request:
As per your request, we completed 133 burpees this morning by my count:
Full burpees: 98
Abbreviated burpees: 35
In terms of a pro forma projections, if we had completed full man-makers (as opposed to lady-makers), we arguably could push the count to closer to 150.
We should consider peeling the onion a bit here to determine what exactly constitutes a “burpee.” Not trying to boil the ocean, but achieving greater line of sight into fitness best practice would drive win-win gain-sharing, accomplishment of top line objectives, and right-sizing of workouts for optimal performance delivery.