A good while back Gnobby, Wilson and YHC were asked by Maize to start another site Wednesday to pull some of the large crowd from Ball Bearings. Wilson found the site, Gnobby found the name, and Urban Jungle was born. 2nd or 3rd workout had YHC “going shopping” with help from Wilson and Gnobby. To this day this workout gets commented on from both ends of the spectrum; Captn Kangaroo for instance has fond memories…while Au Pair has yet to say one positive thing about it. Oh Well….YHC hopefull to get some positive waves sooner or later from my good friend. YHC had some asks to do this “shopping trip” again; but after much reflection I didn’t get my heart around it….and felt the original needed to stay however it landed in all the participants minds.
Wanting to do something memorable however had YHC landing on the use of Loggin Chains. Unloading 10 sets prior to UJ start got us going. Note, these 10 sets had different sizes and weights; none were easy and a few were mighty big. During the rest of the workout these 10 chains were being carried by PAX; which added some hopefully good extra heart rate during our 45 minutes together. Here is what the PAX did:
- SSH x 25
- Mtn Climbers x 15
- Good Morngins x 15
- Sir Nigel Daniel Webster Iliad and Odyssey Lewis and Clark Cortez Magellan Sir Christopher Columbus Au Pair Fazio Arm Circles x 15 front and back
- Imperial Walkers x 15
- Indian Run around back side NH Mail then to the NH Cinema entrance. Guys carrying chains remained there and performed consistant 90 degree Squats and Irkins while other half ran around 1/2 NH Mall….I was told afterwards this was the long half.
- Partner Carry with loggin chain on carryee’s shoulders to the water fountain across from Moes. There, the half that didn’t run the first time run the short 1/2 circle while the remainder performed 90 degree squats and irkins.
- Chains swapped and 1/2 PAX did 40 left right step ups while the 2nd half held in Balls to the Wall….then swap out and do this again. This was tough on the legs…mine hurt up to Sunday.
- Partner Carry to the NH front parking lot for 1/2 a set of THE BEAST….NOTE; Burpees while carrying a loggin chain around your neck are a bear!
- Run back to starting point for….
- 30 BLTs
- 6″ leg hold around the horn with each PAX counting to 10 (I think this was the #)
Announcements, Prayer Requests then YHC spoke of how we all spent the last 45 minutes relieving other PAX of carrying those heavy chains…..like we are all learning how to do this with each others burdens in life. YHC then read the below devotion on GOD being able to use us no matter who we are or what we do….IF we will give ourselves up to HIM.
Garden Hoe took us out strong
A Shoe Salesman TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman September 24, 2016 “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'” Matthew 19:26
Dwight L. Moody was a poorly educated, unordained, shoe salesman who felt God’s call to preach the gospel. Early one morning he and some friends gathered in a hay field for a season of prayer, confession, and consecration. His friend Henry Varley said, “The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him.” Moody was deeply moved by these words. He later went to a meeting where Charles Spurgeon was speaking. In that meeting Moody recalled the words spoken by his friend, “The world had yet to see!…with and for and through and in!…A man!” Varley meant any man! Varley didn’t say he had to be educated, or brilliant, or anything else. Just a man! Well, by the Holy Spirit in him, he’d be one of those men. Then suddenly, in that high gallery, he saw something he’d never realized before. It was not Mr. Spurgeon, after all, who was doing that work; it was God. And if God could use Mr. Spurgeon, why should He not use the rest of us, and why should we not all just lay ourselves at the Master’s feet and say to Him, “Send me! Use me!”
D.L. Moody was an ordinary man who sought to be fully and wholly committed to Christ. God did extraordinary things through this ordinary man. Moody became one of the great evangelists of modern times. He founded a Bible college, Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, which sends out men and women trained in service for God. Are you an ordinary man or woman in whom God wants to do extraordinary things? God desires that for every child of His. Ask God to do extraordinary things in your life. Begin today to trust Him to accomplish great things for His Kingdom through you.