It was a beautiful morning for 6 dudes who showed up to enjoy the morning. No glorious sunrise was expected, but that’s OK because YHC’s yellow kicks were in full effect – batteries fully charged over the weekend!
We only had 1 newcomer to BroGa, which as a reminder is a recovery run-based workout with some stretching mixed in there. YHC has attended 3 times and has never felt better! Stretching is good – who knew?! Anyway, our newcomer, Marley, is an experienced F3 brother so with a very minimal disclaimer, we got to work.
Jog around museum to the terrace.
- Good mornings x15
- Walk out to plank
- Downward Dog
- Plank Jacks x15
- Worlds Greatest Stretch left/right
- Downward Dog
- Merkins x15
Jog outer loop counter-clockwise to the dojo.
- Left leg up on the bar; hamstring stretch
- Alternating hamstring stretch/reach to the sky/hang done to right foot.
- Switch legs, Repeat-O.
- Crouching Crab (inner thigh stretch)
- Downward Dog.
Jog back to the path, continue counter-clockwise around the dojo, around the pond, through the amphitheater, continuing past the terrace and to the circle.
- On your six for runners stretch.
- Lean forward for hamstrings, then back for quadriceps. Cross one leg over the other (Hollywood stretch), rotate torso and stretch out the back.
- Switch legs; Repeat-O.
- Sit on your heels, leaning back to stretch the shins and ankles. Lean forward into fat baby pose 😎 Repeat-O. (OK technically it’s called “Balasana”, Child’s Pose)…
- Return up into cat pose. Alternate with cow pose x2.
- July 4th convergence workouts.
YHC took us out with brief prayer. Zima and Geddy took the traditional BroGa victory lap (1 mile post-workout extra credit).