Eight PAX convened predawn at The Oval for #WolfRun, VSF planted. YHC had the backblast already written in his mind, inspiration coming from Lamp’s preblast tweet and YHC’s cryptic reply – Tony Robbins + F3WolfRun = #TheyMightBeGiants? Perhaps a lame indie music reference to TMBG, but sometimes things transpire during a workout that cause you to change course. And so we began…
Warm up run down Centennial Parkway and stop at intersection with Blair Drive.
15 Good Mornings
15 Side Straddle Hops
15 Imperial Walkers
Recover on the run
Continue down Centennial Parkway, right on Achievement Drive, left on Main Campus Drive. Pause at the entrance to Lonnie Poole Golf Course.
15 mini jump ups on the curb
15 quick feet – left/right step ups
The PAX charge the hill and YHC spots an unmistakable sight…a camera tripod set up in the parking lot. At long last, it’s finally happening! Could it really be!? After polar bear crawling through the snow, braving icy conditions, and reading numerous tweets and backblasts from across F3Raleigh over the past few weeks, had Tara Lynn of WRAL @tlynnnews decided to come witness an F3 workout? Was #WolfRun the lucky recipient of this soon to be media bonanza? Alas, no. No Tara Lynn. No WRAL. Just a man with an uncanny resemblance to Ernest Hemingway preparing to capture the same breathtaking view we were seeking. It’s arguably the best view in the Capitol City. Standing at the top of the hill at Lonnie Poole Golf Course, facing east at dawn with downtown Raleigh in the distance. Infinitely more inspiring than any message YHC could deliver. After recovering from the letdown of the media event that was not to be this day, saying good morning to Mr. Hemingway and bidding him well, we circled up to take in the view.
10 burpees OYO
Down the hill and back up Main Campus Drive. We paused at the intersection with Initiative Way to plank, Sarkosy, and Putin (holding the Olympic torch). Continue up Main Campus Drive to the Lake Raleigh boat ramp.
10 Diamond merkins
10 Peter Parkers
Next destination, the stairs of the Hunt Library, SilasRamsbottomKickers to the top, 5 burpees OYO, and back down. SilasRamsbottomKickers = Despicable Me 2 character + F3 butt kickers x Sense of humor of 8 & 6 year-old 2.0s.
Hang a right at the bottom, run up the hill, grab a little rail.
10 Incline merkins, flip it around…
10 Pull ups
Run across to The Oval, grab some ground (not wet! not frozen!) for Mary.
20 Russian Hammers
20 Windshield Wipers
20 Freddie Mercury
20 Low Slow Flutter
Six Inch Leg Hold – Five count around the circle
Jog back to the cars
- Krispy Kreme Challenge 2/8/14 – Come cheer on your F3 brothers as they keep those sugary delights down on the run back to the NCSU Bell Tower.
- Second F – Raleigh Brewing Company on 2/13/14 from 6:00-8:30 pm with apps by Bella Monica
- F3Raleigh Second Anniversary Convergence – 3/1/14 at Pullen Park
- Kilt Run – 3/1/14
- Raleigh GoRuck 5/3 – Courtesy of Fungo: Everyone in F3 can do it. It’s a team effort. Try to do it by yourself and you’ll be crushed.
- Prayers for Dufresne and his family. Sign up for a visit (workouts postponed for now). #Hopebuilder Google Doc Sign up
- T-Claps to the PAX for a job well done. You are giants in your own right!
- T-Claps to Tarp for a strong prayer to close us out and for lending his watch to ensure YHC didn’t run over time. You can count on Tarp to provide sound guidance, eliminating the possibility of confusion. “That big button on the watch that says light, that’s how you turn on the light.” Serving as QIC and most notably pre-coffee, this advice was much appreciated!
- Here’s a map of NCSU’s Centennial Campus so you see how much ground we covered this morning.