13 Pax toed the line for the Quarterly Mile Test at HiFidelity. Conditions were less than ideal at 29 degF and 8 mph winds, but this group of Pax is not swayed by the weather.
2 laps of warm-up with butt-kickers, high knees, karaoke, and 2 strides. Circle o’ Stretches for Windmills, Imperial Walkers, and Good Mornings (all in cadence)
One lap at Mile Speed to get the legs moving and 4 minutes recovery
Mile Test – 4 laps at Mile Speed
2-mile Progression Run – first lap at (Mile Pace + 3:00), each successive lap gets 0:30/mile faster.
- We thought high temps in July were difficult – this cold was not fun
- Overall, the average time for the 13 stayed consistent at 6:18/mile, but many of us (YHC included) were sluggish today.
- Three new mile testers put up the fastest times with Cinderella, Cotton, and 90210 all breaking under the 6:00 barrier.
- 5 of 13 were testing mile speed for the first time at HiFidelity
- Countrywide continues to get faster putting up another Personal Best – #workworks.
- Hope that Yo-Yo’s DNF due to a hamstring ends up being a short-term result of the cold.