38 degrees and raining? It must be Monday at Zero Hour. With that said, and the VSF planted, 9 mentally tough Pax set out into the gloom to make themselves faster, stronger, better conditioned, and tougher, all while their brethren lay sound asleep in their respective fartsacks. Disclaimer given, let’s do this!
Lap around the park, stop in the parking lot behind the tennis courts for:
- SSH x 25
- Windmills x 10
- Good Mornings x 10
Mosey to the picnic shelter for…
The 21-Gun Salute!
Pax pair up and receive instructions for this (mostly) shelter-covered workout. Each Pax completes:
- 21 Pull-ups
- 21 Burpee Box Jumps (burpee on the ground with jump-up onto bench)
- Petrino carry length of the parking lot behind the tennis courts (flapjack partners on the return)
- 21 Burpee Box Jumps
- 21 Pull-ups
REPEATO. (i.e., for 84 pull-ups and 84 burpee box jumps total each individual Pax).
When complete, begin continuous circuits of:
- Derkins x 10
- Dips x 15
- Alt. L/R Step-ups x 20
Plank for Munson: Regular x 10, Putin x 10, Sarkozy x 10, Regular x 10
Stay in your spot for Mary:
- LBC x 25
- Rosalita x 25
- Reverse LBC x 25
- Freddies x 25
- The weather provided an outstanding opportunity to dust off a workout YHC Q’d at True Grit a couple of years ago (http://f3nation.com/2013/07/02/an-early-independence-day-21-gun-salute-celebration/). No rain that day, but a great workout to complete under cover of shelter if needed. Pax who decided to fartsack this morning missed out.
- That said, YHC wonders if it would have been better being out in the rain instead of enduring the pain that came with the shelter.
- T-claps to Singlewide for bouncing back from #merlot spillage and then crushing the remainder of the workout.
- Thanks to TARP for taking us out in prayer.