More than half a million North Carolina families are facing hunger – and over 180,000 are children. And that’s before COVID-19 hit. The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina has now seen a 38% increase in the number of NC families who aren’t getting enough to eat.
What we can do
We can and will do better. That’s why I have started a virtual food drive – 1 Million Meals by F3 Raleigh. This money will go directly to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. A donation of only $10 can provide a family of 5 enough food for an entire week. Right now, there are over 1,000 men who subscribe to the F3 Raleigh newsletter. If each of those guys donated just $10, we could provide one thousand meals to people in need. And if each of us then convinces 10 other people to donate, we could hit ONE MILLION MEALS for families in North Carolina.
The goal – provide 1 million meals to North Carolina families by Christmas Day.
Call to Action
This virtual food drive is facilitated by JustGiving, a partner to the Food Bank. Using JustGiving allows us to easily set up a public site for securely and transparently collecting the donations we’re after. So, what I am asking you to do is 3 specific things…
- Please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/f3raleigh, and donate $10.
- Reach out to 10 other people, and ask them to also please donate $10 by Christmas Day (12/25/2020)
- Talk up this effort during COT, coffeeteria, CSAUPs, and other F3 events.
If we can get 1000 PAX to take action, we will be able to provide ONE MILLION MEALS to families in need in North Carolina. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
So, to recap the important points:
- WHO: You and 10 friends/family members/others
- WHAT: Donate $10 to the 1 Million Meals by F3 Raleigh
- WHEN: By Christmas Day, 12/25/2020
- WHERE: Online at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/f3raleigh
- WHY: Provide ONE MILLION meals to North Carolina families in need
About the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina (the Food Bank) is a nonprofit organization that has provided food for our friends and neighbors facing hunger in 34 counties in central and eastern North Carolina for 40 years. The Food Bank is an affiliate member of Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger relief charity. In terms of total food distributed, the Food Bank ranks in the top 15 nationally among 200 Feeding America food banks and first in North Carolina.
Visit the Food Bank at https://foodbankcenc.org/.