Flood Zone kicked off 2019 with…well, 19 PAX. It was YHC’s second Q in a row this week and much had been Tweeted about what was in store. YHC arrived a minute late to the pre-run and thankfully found Rockport getting things started. Together, we kept it dry and moseyed around the parking deck for 15 min before returning.
TClaps to PetSounds for posting from CarPex to help support our QLaunch kickoff (more on that later). As the PAX gathered, YHC does a double-take when Duff rolls up sporting a beard. I have to say…the man wears it well.
Here’s what went down with the first installment of the Zone:
- Good AM
- Prisoner Squats
- Standard Merkins
Mosey as a group and then split into 2 Indian Run lines. Destination = the Glenwood Ave Bridge and some rock work. YHC’s line started to get spread out so the PAX paused briefly just past McDonald’s and then completed the run.
Rock Work: 15 reps each
- Shoulder Press
- Tricep Extensions
Pass rock to the neighbor on your left. Repeato x 2. YHC got a new boulder for round 3 and promptly regretted it when it was time for Triceps. Audible for 5 then finish with 15 Rutrows. Much mumblechatter was had during rock work. This makes YHC smile.
Get into groups of 4 – Indian Run to the ramp incline near the bus stop.
Plank Holds followed by a 7 on the ramp. Star Jumps at the top, Merkins on the bottom.
Circle up by the fire hydrant for some exercises. Most reps were between 10 and 20
- Standard Merkins
- Spider Man Merkins
- Hybrid Carolina Dry Docks
- Flutter Kicks
- Heels to Heaven
- Dying Cockroach
- American Hammer
- Crunchy Frog
2 line Indian Run back to Panera with a AYG Sprint the last 100 yards. Circle Up
- 10 Burpees
- 10 Burpees
- Have a Nice Day
- QSource kickoff at Coffeeteria – see https://f3nation.com/category/q/
- Arena at 230pm
- YHC’s 2.0 son dealing w/some unknown sickness. Saw the doctor and a specialist today. Flu was ruled out. Waiting for test results on a couple other things.
- Bullhorn’s M – battling cancer
- Countrywide closed us out
- Q’ing back to back workouts, there is a difference between 10 and 19. In a larger group, you could easily lose track of some guys if you aren’t careful. Hell, I didn’t even notice Soul Glo had posted until I was chasing him on the ramp during 7’s. Today’s number reminded me of some of the earliest F3 lessons about the ideal group size (18) for a workout (see Freed to Lead – https://www.amazon.com/Freed-Lead-Unshackling-Modern-day-Warrior-ebook/dp/B00JJQB2Z8). YHC called for several longer runs and that’s when I noticed we needed to put some pauses in to gather the six. My call for the smaller 4 man Indian Run seemed to go better. I’ve found that in the smaller run group, you benefit from the other guys pushing you as you all struggle to find the right pace. On the contrary, you don’t get much rest which simply sucks.
- Great to have Architect post again. YHC had never met him before but kudos to Countrywide for EH’ing him back.
- TClaps to Pet Sounds (name comes from the last Beach Boys album) for posting and assisting with QLaunch
- Duff’s M said he looked 29 with the beard. Wait for it… that’s what “she said”. Orwell is waiting for Duff to sport an earring next.
- QLaunch Kickoff
- QLaunch is Dredd’s effort to teach more about how to be a virtuous and effective leader. This is a follow-on to the Freed To Lead book. More background is shared on this podcast https://soundcloud.com/f3nation
- listen to episode w/Dredd – https://soundcloud.com/f3nation/dredd-talks-f3nation-q-source
- listen to Stinger discuss QSource – https://soundcloud.com/f3nation/stinger-talks-f3qsource
- We will host a 20-30 min discussion at Flood Zone Coffeeteria each Friday going through the QSource this year. Looking forward to the discussion men.
ManRam – out