…. the PAX come out in droves. 32 men, including two FNGs, turned out at Pullen this morning, not counting the eight who sauntered over to The Arena. Strong turnout and strong work. Too much chatter, so next time YHC will have to up the ante. Four shovel flags were planted (see below on that) and we began.
- Disclaimer given.
- Warm up lap around the pond
- Circle up for SSH x 25, mountain climbers x 20, windmills x 15, and merkins x 10
- Time to split into groups for the Four Corners. The PAX did an admirable job of counting off and of remembering their group number.
- The corners were merkins x 20 at the south stairs, squats x 30 at GPI, dips x 20 at the shelter, and star jumps x 20 at home base. Run, don’t yog, between stations. All PAX did the circuit twice.
- Circle up for plank-o-rama to let everyone get back and then time to take the hill.
- Two groups charged up the hill and did three burpees while the other two groups planked. Flapjack, rinse and repeat with five and seven burpees at the crest. That was five, Denali, not four.
- Once more up the hill and off to the tennis court. Two groups run suicides while the other two do the peoples chair on the fence. Flapjack, rinse and repeat. Once more for good measure, substituting balls to the wall for people’s chair.
- Run the half pipe and stop at the shelter for alternating left/right step-ups x 20, dips x 20, step-ups x 20, and French dip x 15
- Yog back to the stage field for Mary. WWII sit-ups x 20, Rosalita x 20, Freddie Mercury x 25, LBC x 25. One more that I’ve forgotten.
- Despite their earlier success with counting to four for groups, the Pax struggled with the concept of “counting off” at the end of the workout.
- Welcome to FNGs Miyagi and Disco. Disco is the father of Hammy. Hammy is young and fast.
- Tclaps to Howard who wasn’t able to join us for the workout but showed up early for shovel flag delivery. He is definitely F3 Raleigh’s shovelmaker extraordinaire. YHC claimed the Wolf Run flag and Danger Zone has a new one as well. This is a great symbol of F3. Order one for your workout of choice if you don’t have one already.
- Tclaps to the crew of 10 or 12 that turned out for a five-plus mile pre-run, and to King David and White Shoe who opted for a pre-ruck instead.
- There are several more running opportunities this weekend including at 9:00 p.m. at Laurel Hills Park and tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. at North Hills Park. Contact CK with any questions.
- Tclaps to Steroid for one year of F3. Come join him Monday morning at North Hills Park for the official celebration. He promises fewer than two trips up Sisyphus.
- Several prayer concerns this morning including 90210’s grandmother, several of Miyagi’s family members, and the sister of Epoxy’s friend (and mine) who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Fazio closed us with an excellent prayer.