Ehanol Wednesday allowed me to work out the kinks in this now old version of 11s. Here is how Flood Zone went today for a PAX numbered at 33.
Extra Credit was so graciously led by YoYo….as YHC doesn’t have the gas to do EC and THE MAIN. Woe to me and future FZ Qs who choose to share EC with site Q YoYo. While Mr. Yo never said anything assy or crappy (I don’t think he ever has), all the PAX who attended EC made a point to talk Bovine Scatology even before the EC group got all the way back to the MAIN group waiting for them. Throw in our resident “Town Cryer” Au Pair joining in quickly with this verbal assault on YHC (and AP didn’t even attend EC!), and I expect I will never again pass on EC in future FZ Qs; and recommend nobody else do this either!
- I gathered much Burpees, Running and Merkins made up EC. This was good, as it warmed up all EC participants properly for THE MAIN
Warm Up for THE MAIN
- SSH x 20
- Imperial Walkers x 15
- Fazio’s x …then reverse x 9
- Windmills x 15
- Weeble Wobbles x 8, then reverse. I believe Weeble Wobbles may be the best new warm up added to F3 since the intial inception 5 years ago in Charlotte.
Mauzy to bottom up ramp and partner up in 3s for 11s. Each team’s 3rd man allowed a rest period on Partner Carries which is needed. As previously this week at Ethanol, here is what made up one repetition of the 11.
- Burpees at bottom, starting at 1
- Sprint ramp, then make turn
- Partner Carry straight away, then make turn
- Sprint ramp, then make turn
- Flapjack, Partner Carry Straight away
- Merkins at top, starting at 10
- Run down stairway to bottom ramp and start again at 2 Burpees, etc.
Three teams (may have been just 2) were able to get through all 11s before we ran out of time. I have to say, this was impressive. Good job guys, and good job to the entire PAX participants today. With no breaks, this set of 11s is mighty difficult.
- Merican Hammers x 50….with Bob Villa taking the count at 31 – 50.
- Sign up for USMC Mudrun April 11
- The Arena is this afternoon at 3:30
- Think other announcements but apologies on my memory loss
- Prayer Requests: Pray for John Risley, Praise and continued Prayers for Pink Slip’s 3 year old son being successfully treated for a brain tumor, Many PAX have family members with Alzheimers, Sexy Rexy’ss B-I-L with Back Surgery, Overdraft family member…my apologies friend on not remembering the details here. I read today’s devotion below from Charles Stanley, regarding when we are at our weakest, if we surrender we then give GOD the opporunity to give us HIS Strength. Take time to read it. Is a good one.
2 Corinthians 12:5-10Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 Of this same [man’s experiences] I will boast, but of myself (personally) I will not boast, except as regards my infirmities (my weaknesses).
6 Should I desire to boast, I shall not be a witless braggart, for I shall be speaking the truth. But I abstain [from it] so that no one may form a higher estimate of me than [is justified by] what he sees in me or hears from me.
7 And to keep me from being puffed up and too much elated by the exceeding greatness (preeminence) of these revelations, there was given me a thorn ([a]a splinter) in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to rack and buffet andharass me, to keep me from being excessively exalted.
8 Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this andbegged that it might depart from me;
9 But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [b]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may[c]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
10 So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [[d]in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful [e]in divine strength).
The apostle Paul understood what it meant to be pushed to the limit. According to his letters, he knew a lot about hardships and suffering. But he was most knowledgeable about the ultimate importance of all of those painful experiences—namely, glorifying Jesus through his weakness.
We don’t like to feel that we’re helpless or lacking control of our own lives. But we can learn from Paul and from our personal life experiences that the prelude to great strength is great weakness. Take note of this important lesson about the Christian life: Our weakest moments—when we feel the most desperate—are the very times when God is free to do His greatest work by empowering and strengthening us. It is in those difficulties during which we whisper, “Father, I cannot go on” that we are granted the best equipping and the greatest enabling to endure adversity.
Human nature cries out for strength, courage, and adequacy to meet life’s challenges. Consequently, many people avoid fiery trials and valley experiences at all costs so they won’t have to face weakness. They tell themselves, I am able to handle life on my own terms; my strength is sufficient. But we can never understand the supernatural empowerment to go beyond our own limits unless we experience it for ourselves. The only way to have conviction about the Lord’s adequacy is to endure weakness and then witness the strength that springs from it. No matter what’s going on in our lives, there is power available to the children of God.