SF planted. Proper disclaimer given. Pergo circled up the PAX at SF and kicked the warm up off. Special Note: Warm up conducted at SF in case of late arriving PAX…PAX being singular in the personage of Tardy (ahem).
Warm-up: Pergo VQ (of sorts)
- SSH X 25
- Mountain Climbers x 20
- Good Mornings x 15
Mr Hand Q: Follow the Leader through campus
- run a bit – 10 burpees
- run a bit – 10 derkins feet in gate
- run a bit – bear crawl down slight hill
- run a bit – grab curb, quick feet x20
- run to stadium – up, down, up stairs
- up to the frost covered deadly bleachers for dips x20
- called an audible due to conditions and an innumerable amount of “whoops” YHC heard #frost+metal=suck
- down, up, down stairs run to rear parking lot
- burpee suicides (plankorama, and 10 merkins until all were finished)
- Peoples chair (various arm positions) 10 count down the line
- Balls to the wall – 5 count down the line
- Hallelujahs 1:4 to 10:40 reps
- 30x30x30 (30 urps, 10 cnt rest, 30 mount climbers, 10 cnt rest, 30 plank jacks
Jog to practice field
On the sideline:
- backward bear crawl up and down hill, 10 merkins
- bear crawl up and down hill, 10 merkins
On the endline:
- sprint to tower, 5 merks, sprint back, 10 merks
- frog hop to tower, sprint back
- WWII x 25
- Low slow flutter x 15
- reg flutter x 15
- Monkey Humpers x 15 #crowdpleaser
- Major Richard Winters, in his autobiography, lists 10 leadership axioms. He was respected by many as one of the finest officers that the US Army produced in WWII. Here are the six quoted today:
- Strive to be a leader of character, competence, and courage.
- Lead from the front. Say, “Follow Me!” and then lead the way.
- Stay in top physical shape – physical stamina is the root of mental toughness.
- Develop your team. If you know your people, are fair in setting realistic goals and expectations, and lead by example, you will develop teamwork.
- Delegate responsibility to your subordinates and let them do their jobs. You can’t do a good job if you don’t have a chance to use your imagination or your creativity.
- Never, ever, give up.
- Howard took us out mightily
- Chris Raynor – FNG. Named him Gower. Here is the thought progression: Works at Novo-Nordisk, they make insulin, pharmaceutical, tv or movie druggist, Mr. Gower from “It’s a Wonderful Life.” It is Christmas after all. Decided not to name him Ellie Walker from the Andy Griffith show (face it she was hot in a black & white 4:3 aspect ratio sort of way. She could sing too). Gower happens to also be a drummer, and we all know that most of them can’t sing.
- 5 workouts now for GnP, and have had at least one FNG each time. Slap an EH on somebody. #meanmeanstride
- Tardy is predictable (no explanation needed). YHC tried multiple times to visually and vocally throw him off count during Hallelujahs.
- PMS is specifically designed for burpees. #perfectform Who else does burpees like an armadillo, and sounds like he swallowed a pine cone?
- Christmas Party 12/22 Tylers Taproom
- Great to have Howard with us this am. #inspiration
- Thought: Where would Mr Gower be without George Bailey? Where would you be without the F3 PAX? #isi
- For Pergo, Tardy, and YHC; honored and humbled to be on this train today. #frostybutnotpolar #believe