Aahhh, the weekly ritual called the Blitz. It has been a long time since YHC was QIC here but the slot was open and it was time to give back. If you’ve never posted at this AO, come try it. Bootcamps can get old after awhile and swinging iron around is a great way to change your routine up during the week. Twitter was on fire the night before with tales of used car salesmen and DY-NO-MITE deals for the PAX, so YHC spent some time thinking over the plan and as we normally do here at The Blitz, the playlist. Today’s playlist was mostly filled with movie themes designed to inspire and push the PAX. The exercise set list looked good on paper… in reality, the suck factor was high, especially on the 3rd KB set. Here’s what went down for the 17 PAX that posted.
Weather – low/mid 40’s – a heatwave compared to the arctic cold we’ve had the last two weeks.
YHC queued up the playlist and off we went.
“The Ecstasy of Gold” – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- Mosey with KB’s to the side parking lot near the stairs down to the field for warm-up
- SSH, Buttkickers, Fazio Arm Circles x10 (forward and reverse), Merkins
Song list for the rest of the workout (played in order)
- Rocky Theme – Gonna Fly Now
- Rocky IV – War
- Rocky IV – Training Montage
- Guns & Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
- Guns & Roses – Sweet Child O’ Mine
- Last of the Mohicans – Main Title
- Last of the Mohicans – Elk Hunt
- Last of the Mohicans – The Kiss
- Last of the Mohicans – Promentory
- Last of the Mohicans – Top of the World
- U2 – Magnificent
Set 1 – 3 exercises each. Complete reps of 20, 15, & 10 and then run a loop around the parking lot
- Curls, Goblet Squats, Tricep Extensions
- Run loop
- Plank Hold for PAX w/ some mountain climbers
Set 2 – same routine as before
- Shoulder Press, Alternating Swings, Lawnmowers
- Run loop
- Plank hold, etc.
Set 3 – same routine as before
- Squats (KB resting on your shoulders), Snatches, Squat to High Pull
- Run loop
- Plank hold, Sarkozy, Putin, low plank holds,
Final Set – 4 exercises with reps of 20, 15 and 10
- Bell BC’s
- Flutter Kicks and Press
- Skull Crushers
- American Hammers w/bell
Fazio Arm Circles to stretch out
10 Burpees to finish
COT / Announcements /
- Macgruber mentioned a family that just lost their son
- Fazio, Epoxy surgery recovery
- PAX dealing with elderly parents (dimensia) – Costco, Elmer Fudd
YHC shared some thoughts about leadership and mindset along with some quotes from a book called “Front Sight Focus: Ten Phrases US NAVY SEALS use to ensure mission success” available on Amazon.
“Avoid fragmentation: Find your focus and seek simplicity. Purposeful living calls for elegant efficiency and economy of effort – expending the minimum time and energy necessary to achieve desired goals.” – Dan Millman
“You just have to believe anything is possible if you come up with a plan and start moving forward, one step at a time. When problems arise take responsibility, no excuses, no whining and never say “I Can’t.” Rid your mind of negativity and visualize your success. Most success stories don’t happen overnight. That’s OK. If you are truly passionate about achieving your mission objective, you will enjoy the journey.”
Orwell closed us out in prayer.