YHC arrived in a #clowncar of the Blenheim faithful, Grillz at the wheel. We had all arrived ready to start this week off right…in the rain. VSF was planted and the disclaimer was given. We were all glad to have our brothers back from the adventure that is #BRR, but were in no mood to make this a running workout. That said, Flatline get out of his car and commences doing a stretch akin to Imperial Walkers on steroids. Dude’s a machine! Little running, but much pain to be delivered. Let’s do this!
Good Mornings x 20
Imperial Walkers x 20
Mountain Climbers x 20
Windmills x 20
The Hill is Alive
Jog over to the hill behind Lynn Road Elementary, partner up and…
Partner One: Balls to the wall
Partner Two: Sprint across the flats to HOP (Hill Of Pain), bear crawl up, five burpees, reverse bear crawl down, sprint back to the side of the school.
People’s Chair until everyone finishes
Pass the baton to Grillz…introducing The Glitter Factory…
Jog to the volleyball pit and partner up for sixes
PAX lines up along the side of the pit, Crab-barrows across, five Derkins, Wheel Barrows back, one Irkin
Repeato until you complete sixes
Grillz is hitting his stride here…
Not a Picnic Shelter
Dips x 20
Alternating Left Right Step Ups x 20 (one set of 30)
Derkins x 10 (five left arm forward, five right arm forward)
Irkins x 20
Six Minutes of Mary
Grillz steps up for the grande finale…
Dying Cockroach x 20
Heels to Heaven x 20
Russian Hammers x 20
Homer to Marge x 20
ManRam notes our efficiency (time left on the clock) and Grillz piles on a little more for good measure…
Freddie Mercury x 20
YHC prayed us out.
- Missing two of the PAX in the list below. Limitations of iPhone recording. Sound off in the comments and YHC will add you to the backblast.
- Solid work by the PAX this morning. Great Co-Q by Grillz. There was a gleam in his eye this morning and it wasn’t sand from the volleyball court. Be on the lookout for a Grillz Q soon. It’s going to be hard, so you should probably avoid it.
- The rain felt great, especially to wash off the sand. Sure there were some Cantorres out there, but a solid showing Crucible with 17!
- YHC has the dubious distinction of while giving maximum effort during Mary, letting something loose. Something that apparently caused Grillz to abandon cadence count and Cinderella to accuse YHC of killing an animal within himself. Uh, sorry?
- 9/11 – 9/11 Stair Climb this Thursday at 5:30 am. Bring a ruck, bring a friend, don’t bring press.
- 9/13 – Whiplash launch at the North Carolina Museum of Art this Saturday at 6:30 am. Maize and Johnny Utah are your Qs.
- 9/17 – The Blitz moves to Carroll Middle School with same 5:30 am start time
- 9/19 – Second F at Boylan Bridge Brew Pub 5:30 pm. Free appetizers!
- 9/23 – Third F Dinner at North Hills Club.
- 10/4 – Mud Run spots still available.
- 10/25 – The Mule. Sign up.