Truth be told, the Crucible AO (Williams Park) has so much to offer, YHC always has a hard time choosing the appropriate beatdown mix because there are many excellent choices. Hills, fields, tennis courts, running trail, playground equipment, etc. As YHC pulled up a few min early, I pondered whether to venture back over to Rangecrest Drive with the PAX. When my co-Site Q pulled up with 2 FNG’s in tow, the die was cast…out come the orange cones….time for 4 Corners. I would spare them the hill.
12 FNG’s circled up for a brief disclaimer and then we were off. Follow me.
Warm-up run from parking lot to paved trail. Brisk pace. YHC stopped at the first fork and called plank hold as we had one more pull in late to join us. 20 Merkins in cadence to and hold plank until Electrolux arrived. Recover and another brisk run on the paved trail to the opposite corner of the park near the sand volleyball courts. Plank Hold again – 20 Carolina Dry Docks (if I recall). Brisk jog back to the picnic shelter. Lunge Walk about 40 yards along paved trail. Jog to parking lot and circle up.
- 20 SSH
- 20 Imperial Walker
- 20 Mountain Climbers
Count off by 4’s and head to your Cone.
ROUND 1 – With the exception of Cone 3, jog to next cone when finished.
- Cone 1 – 10 Burpees
- Cone 2 – 5 Spider Man Merkins (Right and Left side = 1)
- Cone 3 – Bear Crawl to Cone 4 (about 40 yards)
- Cone 4 – 5 Prison Cell Merkin Burpees
ROUND 2 – Repeato but reverse on the rotation and Lunge Walk between Cones 1-2, 3-4 when finished. Also added 10 merkins at Cone 3
CIRCLE UP: 5 Burpees, 5 Jump Knee Tuck Burpees, Jog to end of parking lot
- Wheelbarrow across parking lot (about 40+ yards) and flapjack on the return
- Suicides – no partners: Sprint from end of parking lot to the middle, back to start, sprint full length of parking lot, sprint back to start, sprint to middle and back to start
- 100 Merkin Challenge (Partner 1 starts merkins, Partner 2 sprints full length of parking lot and back, picks up merkin count while Partner 1 sprints – continue flapjacking until you reach 100 merkins) – NOTE: THIS IS WHERE WILSON TRIED TO GET A HEAD START ON THE SPRINTS. YHC TOOK NOTICE, CALLED FOUL AND IMMEDIATELY IMPOSED A 10 BURPEE PENALTY ON THE ENTIRE PAX, MUCH MUMBLECHATTER ENSUED LED BY ORWELL
- 200 LBC Challenge (same as before except 200 LBC’s)
- AUDIBLE – 10 Burpees just for the heck of it
Jog over to the soccer field for Mary
- 15 In and Outs
- 15 Bicycles – Forward and Reverse (similar to a Freddy Mercury, but you’re sitting up with your arms straight up or on the ground by your side)
- 15 Crunchy Frog
- 20 WWII Situps
- Name o’Rama (2 FNG’s – Poppins and Overdraft). YHC asked 2 fairly new PAX to share with the group their experience with F3. We all come for different reasons, but there’s something different about what happens when you do post for the first time. It was encouraging to hear them share.
- Announcements – new “Lourdes” workout on Tuesday; F2 Event – Bowling Competition 8/14
- YHC shared from his morning devotion about when Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was. Jesus replied with the Jewish “Sh’Ma”, which in English is: “Love the Lord Your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind (or might). Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love God, Love People. Everything else stems from those two commandments.
- Cherie Berry closed us out in prayer