A beautiful day in the Tar Heel state corresponded with a nice run around the Chapel Hill campus. Crystal clear blue skies, temps in the upper 50s and no pollen in the air (FINALLY) thanks to strong thunderstorms on Friday. 9 PAX were in the photo plus Ms and at least 2 others were on campus for the run. Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, and Raleigh were all represented.
- Winston-Salem: Mongoose and Prospector
- Chapel Hill: Adolphus and Te’o
- Charlotte: Passport (+M) at the 4-mile option
- Raleigh: Plebe (+M), Minnie, Flatline, Hatfield, Cousin Eddie (kotters – spotted on the course), Enron
- The PAX gathered at the 8:00/mile sign, under the Tower, for stretching, introductions, and a few pictures. Thanks to M.Plebe for operating the camera.
- Enron gave thanks and praise to the Lord for the bounty of Creation around us, asking for strength in our legs and joy in our hearts as we went forth into the world
- As the Bell tolled at 7:30a, we were off, with 3,000 others on a 10-mile journey around Chapel Hill
- At mile 8.5, the dreaded Laurel Hill Challenge awaited the PAX. 1 mile and 175 feet of elevation gain (including a 1/4 mile downhill respite in the middle). Decent #brr prep, but nothing the PAX can’t easily handle and move past.
- Finally, the finish takes the PAX through the tunnel and into the stadium to await the cheering crowds – well maybe just crowds. A great feeling to come out of the dark of the tunnel into the light of the stadium knowing that this victory is to be celebrated.
- Results can be found here – http://tarheel10miler.itsyourrace.com/results.aspx?id=93
- Enron (Lee Ragsdale) – 01:16:15
- Flatline (Kevin Powell) – 01:16:15
- Mongoose (Geoff Gardner) – 01:16:22
- Hatfield (Allen Taylor) – 1:21:32
- Cousin Eddie (Henry Clark) – 1:21:45
- Plebe (Camden Betz) – 1:23:32
- Prospector (Brad Winter) – 1:24:58
- Minnie (Mike Fields) – 1:31:36