The clock struck 5:29, and panic set in for YHC. Maize had brought his Blenheim clown car crewe, but no extra kettlebells were visibile in the gloom. Grumble chatter abounded.
My trusty Weinke featured no audibles…the best laid plans of mice and men. And then, emerging from the fog on his Subaru steed, like one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse came
Vila, to rain down kettlebells on the unsuspecting PAX. We then set forth a-counquering.
– KB Good Mornings X10
– Slingshots X10 / flapjack
– Sumo High Pulls X15
– Diamond Merkins X15
– Figure 8s X15 / flapjack
– One-Armed Floor Presses X10 / flapjack
– Curls X15
– 1-legged deadlifts X10 / flapjack
– Chilcutt KB Drags X10
– Carry your KB overhead to the brick wall
The Main Event
- Partner up for series of alternating exercises (AMRAP unless otherwise specified):
- Jog to the curb and back / 2-handed swing X20
- Backwards run / alternating renegade rows
- Vertical Jump & Stick / 1-armed swing X20
- Karaoke / choice of kb lunge or raise the roof kb lunge
- Lunge walk / goblet squat
- Prone pulldowns / curls X20
- Run stairs X2 / KB chest presses
- Run / Bent over rows
- Backwards run / People’s Chair w/KB
– KB V-Ups X10
– KB Pullover crunches X10
– Diamond merkins X10
– Worst imaginable form for KB half get-ups X5 each arm
– KB Dragonflies X10
No Catalyst on Sat. Convergence @ Pullen. Still looking for a Q. Ball Bearings moving to 5:45 start time next week. Sign up for the Mule to help organizers in planning. Sign up to Q the Blitz, lest you face the wrath of Vila ridin’ in on his white horse, raining down KBs on you.
And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.
Prayers for Orwell’s father, who is ready for his final journey home. Tony Robbins led us out in prayer in his prototypical motivational manner.