A strong Pax ignored the red flag warnings from Sandy and ventured out in the gloom for the weekly tour of Pullen Park.
The Thang – Tecumseh Q
- Robert Plants x 5
- Jog around lake with lunge walk near finish
- Circle up for seal jacks, Merkins, jump lunges, squat thrust burpee circle, imperial walkers
- No Man Left Behind – Partner carry up hill – flapjack
- San Francisco Treat – one partner runs up hill and back with 25lb bag of rice while other partner does series of exercises (standard merkins, wide arm shuffle merkins, squat holds) – flapjack each round
Jog back to park for modified Indian run – each Pax does full loop around Pax then heads back to front of line
The Thang Part Deux – Fazio Q
Jog to Gazebo for dips x 15, incline merkins x 15, step ups x 20, French dip (15 count), decline merkins x 10, step ups x 20
Mosey over to field for Cakalacky Choo-Choo – each man through line 3 times
Jog back to bottom of park for continuous COP – standard merkins x 10, high plank hold (10 count), lbc’s x 20, diamond merkins x 5, Sarkozy (5 count), Putin (5 count), scissors x 20, staggered merkins (5 each side), Freddy Mercury x 20, 6-inch leg hold for circle count
– strong crew of FNG’s this morning – welcomed Slash (Lee), Kupec (Josh), Hasselhoff (Tony), Grease Monkey (Russ), Lumberg (Brian), Judy Blume (Bobby). Look forward to seeing you all again.
– solid first half lead by Tecumseh for his virgin Q. The squat thrust burpee circle during warm ups was just a shot across the bow. YHC was a bit concerned he would not last to Q the second half but somehow managed to pull through.
– COT uncovered a surprising number of Duke football fans. Who knew? Will be interesting to see the shelf life for that – hopefully not long.
– continued prayers to Minnie’s daughter and Floppy’s mother-in-law for their health issues, and prayers to Wendell Gee’s nephew and family who are connected to the kids murdered in NYC last week. Tough times.
– expansion opportunity is coming in the next few weeks with an FNG friendly format. Details will be forthcoming. That is all.