The Arena has become one of YHC’s favorite workout sites in these short six months. The #isi that happens when PAX circle up is an amazing experience that all should have at least once if not more. Today’s edition featured a number of new faces among the regulars. Welcome, now sign up to Q. Following a short pre-run from Pullen, the PAX ventured into the courtyard to EH a few THP men to join us. Torch, who had to work, and Yo Adrian get huge t-claps for talking guys into the “Fun.” 19 PAX in all, we were off.
Jog to THP parking lot.
- SSH x20
- Imperial Walkers x20
- Merkins x20
Run down Goode St to big gas tank
- Curb Irkins x10
- Quick feet x15
- Curb Derkins x10
Run across field to parking lot. Count off 1’s and 2’s.
The “Elle”: one team does AMRAP exercises while the other team runs to the diagonal corner. The running team stops to begin an exercise, while the first team runs to tag them. An so on, and so on. 3 trips around the lot. Exercises were:
- Wide Grip Merkins
- box cutters
- carolina dry docks
1/2 Dirty McDeuce: (would that be a Dir McD?)
- Bear Crawl half length of lot
- Merkins ICx12, Freddie Mercury’s ICx12, Prisoner Squats x12 oyo
- Crab Walk half length of lot
- Diamond Merkins ICx12, Long Slow Flutter ICx12, Star Jumps x12oyo
Run back to THP courtyard
- Dips x15
- LBC’s x20
- Heels to Heaven x20
- WWII sit-ups x20
- 5 FNG’s today: Frost (as in Robert Frost. He likes to write), the Fridge (was wearing a Yankees hat, somehow got stuck with “the Fridge”), Downey (ala Morton Downey Jr. He likes to talk), Winslow (Michael Winslow of Police Academy fame. He likes all types of music, providing it has a good beat.), finally Garmin (Vector Victor’s brother. Goes by Tom Tom in the real world.)
- Pre-order the Arena shirt by March 7. THP PAX will receive one after they post to 2 workouts. Awesome looking garb.
- “Ave Caesar, Nos Morituri Salutamus” translates to “Hail Caesar. We who are about to die, salute you.” This phrase was uttered by Gladiators as they entered the Arena to do battle, becoming a final utterance for the majority of combatants. Sadly, the resolution infers that their impending death was to be at the pleasure of Caesar or the procurator. Those that fought and lived, achieving a glorious victory, could eventually win their freedom. Our resolve in the Arena of life should be to win our freedom. Freedom from anything that leads to unnatural physical death or more importantly the death of our spirit. When we stand, shoulder to shoulder, with other men of likemindedness allowing for accountability and encouragement, we stand the best chance of winning freedom. This strength comes from a place of connection to something greater than oneself. For YHC, this connection comes from beholding the Glory of God (the weighted strength of His wonder), and the kindred friendship with brothers that are likewise focused. We are better together. Stand strong, and resolve to “Live.”
- Vector Victor took us out strong.
- Completely humbled to for the opportunity to Q today. The men of THP sharpen YHC every time. Thanks brothers.
- It always powerful to see the heart of servanthood that rises from the PAX at different AO’s. Today, men were sharing gloves without prompting. As always, PAX were circling back to the rear after completing a task leaving no man behind.
- Started to make a reference to Duke fighting in the Cobra Commander Arena of Sport for COT. It’s a most riveting watch in an mid 80’s cartoon sort of way. If you’re curious, yes YHC has it on DVD. It is available for sharing. Most instructive.