YHC arrived early to jog around the park and check out the conditions of all the fields, and was happy to see most of what would end up being a group of 15 strong PAX gathered as I headed back to the parking lot with 4-5 minutes to spare. Since my prior Crucible Q involved a trip to everyone’s favorite hill on Rangecrest, YHC wanted to do something a little different today. However, a healthy amount of running was still targeted, to give all the men a good workout and support those PAX training for the Mud Run. With no FNGs present, a brief disclaimer given as we circled up in the lower parking lot for …
Warm-up (throughout this BB, all numbers are 4-counts and to the best of YHC’s recollection)
- SSH x 30
- Good mornings x 15
- Sir Fazio arm circles x 10, then reverse x 10
- Windmills x 20
Jog across the parking lot and walkways to the far side of the school for …
Partner up, size doesn’t matter
- Partner #1 runs across to bottom of hill, bear crawls up hill, crab walks back down the hill, and then runs back to the side of the school while partner #2 does People’s Chair, then switch
- Partner #1 does same trip to/up/down/back from hill while partner #2 does Balls to the Wall, then switch
- Partner #1 does same trip to/up/down/back from hill while partner #2 does Ski Abs, then switch
Squat hold while everyone finishes, then we jog the log way around the back of the school and across the walkways/parking lots to the track/sideline of the big soccer field.
- Partner #1 runs across the field and back while Partner #2 does merkins, then continue to switch until 100 merkins completed per team
- Partner #1 runs across the field and back while Partner #2 does LBCs, then continue to switch until 150 LBCs completed per team
- Partner #1 runs across the field and back while Partner #2 does burpees, then continue to switch until 50 burpees completed per team
Plank-hold (with variations) as all the teams finish up, then head over near the picnic shelter. This is where the PAX may have thought the morning’s running was complete, but YHC needed the picnic tables for the next couple exercises and wanted to provide some different interval runs …
- Partner #1 runs a full lap of the big track while partner #2 does dips, then switch
- Partner #1 runs another full lap of the big track while partner #2 does box jumps/jump-ups (after this call, YHC takes it as a compliment that ManRam comments something to the effect of me being mean with this Q), then switch
More plank-hold (with variations) while everyone finishes up.
That completed the running, if only because we were running short on time (YHC has some plans still in reserve for a future Crucible) and needed to head back to the lower parking lot for a brief …
- Mountain climbers x 25
- Freddie Mercury’s x 20
3rd F Forum continues at noon on Mondays, gathering on the second floor of Panera Bread on Six Forks (near Whole Foods)
Continued prayers for Cold Stone’s wife, Bridget (plus Coldstone and the rest of their family), as she embarks on new treatment today.
A Praise from Orwell, whose business trip to China last week went well and he appreciates all the prayers from the PAX
With St. Patrick’s Day being tomorrow, YHC shared a popular Irish Blessing:
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May GOD hold you in the palm of His hand
Thanks to CDC for taking us out with some powerful words.
Thank you to all the PAX; YHC is blessed and appreciative of the opportunity to lead such a strong group of men on a beautiful morning!