13 PAX gathered at Martin Middle School for another installment of Yasso 800s. Run 800 repeats at T-Pace (approximately 1 min/mi slower than Mile Race Pace). Run an easy 400 between each 800 and rest until the time of your 800 has elapsed before your next 800. For instance, run an 800 at 3:25 (6:50/mi) and then run the 400 and rest so that your next 800 begins 3:25 later.
- 2 warm-up laps with the standard high knees, butt-kickers, karoke each way and two stride accelerations.
- Circle of Dynamic Stretching – Good Mornings, Imperial Walkers, King David Kicks, all in cadence.
- Yasso 800s. 3 pace groups formed and kept each other accountable for the effort. As typical, I did not let Pace Discipline dictate, and the middle Pace Group ran Yasso Progression 800s… not ideal.
COT and out.
- Need more discipline in preparing the City of Oaks Half-marathon. Look for an extra-credit workout in October that will be a 75 min session of true Yasso 800s
- Sign up for the City of Oaks Half (or 10k). 11/2/2014. Use PromoCode “Run15” and sign-up to join team F3-Raleigh.