14 Pax. 500+ lbs of collective cold steel. Fog rolls in. Let’s ring those bells.
Warm-up COP: SSH’s, IW’s, Plank Jacks, Peter Parkers, Windmills
Parking Lot Pyramids: Each man moves his bell down and back the upper parking lot, stopping at every 3rd parking space for a set of exercises. Reps of 5, 10, 15, 10 and 5 at the respective designated stops. In between stops, carry your bell in the manner designated by the Q. Mix of planks and squat holds between sets. Sets included the following:
- 2-handed swings, carry bell chest-high in front between stops
- Goblet squats, carry bell overhead between stops
- Overhead press, single-arm farmer carry between stops
- Squat to High Pull, carry bell chest-high in front between stops
- Tricep extensions, carry bell overhead between stops (#CrowdPleaser)
- Alternating lunges, single-arm farmer carry between stops
- Curls, single-arm farmer carry between stops
Topped off the pyramids with snatches (right arm going down and left arm coming back), 5 reps at each stop, then carry your bell overhead down and back.
3 MOM: Mini Bell BC’s x 20, American Bell Hammers x 15, Boat/Canoe.
- YHC is not the most creative guy, lacking Cindy’s fur coat flair, Shaggy’s gift of prose and the musical stylings of Waldo, Tuck, Gnard and the Cap’n. Pretty straight-forward stuff today, but hopefully the pax got their money’s worth.
- Welcome Blitz™ FNG My Precious. Strong work for a first-timer. Look forward to your return.
- Great to have Site Q Mick back in the fold today. Been missing you brother.
- Closed out by confessing that I wasn’t all that excited when Gnard reached out to me on Tuesday about Q’ing. Coming off a week of no posts and fighting through the post-holiday winter blues, in my head I went through the litany of reasons and excuses why I should decline. Nope, none good enough, so I accepted the invite. Glad I did. You will be too if you have not done so yet.
As always, an honor and a pleasure. Aye.