Hard frost on the grass; can’t see anyone; grab the Shovel Flag (actual) and off we go…
Warm Up-Run around for a little while, rally around the Flag and the Memorandum, SSHs, Fazio Circles, Mountain Climbers
8 sets of 20s work/10 s rest:
Work: Defensive Choppers with called Sprawl and Squat Jumps alternating
Team 1: 2 X 97 yd windsprint (down and back to fence)
Team 2: Rest (switch)
Main Event — Edmund Hillarys a.k.a. Tenzig Norways
Version 1: Pax lunge walks from bottom of Fletcher Pond near Interpretive Sign up to Cone No. 1, plank hold, lunge walk up to Cone No. 2, 10 X Single Leg Squat Pistols (5 on each leg), lunge walk across field to Cone No. 3 at base of Hamburger Hill, 10 X Standard Merkins and 10 X Carolina Dry Docks (repeato), lunge walk up Hamburger Hill to Cone No. 4 at top of Hamburger Hill, plank hold…jog back to beginning
Version 2: Same deal, except no plank holds at Cone No. 1 and no Merkins and CCDs at Cone No. 3
- We lung walked. A lot. “Halfway across Fletcher Park…” according to some…
- The Defensive Choppers Ciabatta (aka Tabata Style after Dr. Tabata of the Dharma Initiative) were a big hit for the Floppy Disk contingent. The Buck Rodgers Decoder’s heart rate monitor reached Secretariat levels…
- You could feel the frosty grass crunching under our hands…”That’s how you know it’s good,” says Brian Fantana. Ben Johnson was forced to burn syringes to stay warm…
- A big hearty “We’re gonna zero in on your hat” welcome to our man Waldo (FNG). He didn’t know it showing up but he got a dealt a stiff hand for his maiden voyage. Nothin’ but off suit single digits for Waldo. He stuck it out and brought good humor to COT. Thunder claps.
- We didn’t have time to take roll. I am forgetting 3 of the Pax. My bad. Oxygen. Sound off in the comments.
- The Memorandum on workout names and the Spartan Fratopia in the Spring. Learn it. Love it. Live it. Bring the jokes by the bucket to next Wednesday’s naming convention…