“So I drifted for a while down the road to ruin. I couldn’t find my way I didn’t know what I was doin’. I saw a lot of people coming back the other way, so I kept on goin’ when I heard them say, “You gotta get up in the morning take your heavy load, and you gotta keep goin’ down the long black road.” – Electric Light Orchestra
9:00 PM Monday – YHC to himself “I wonder who has the Q tomorrow at True Grit? I should probably tweet that out.” *Checks sign-up sheet* “Oh. Me.”
13 PAX showed up with no idea what they were in for (YHC included). No FNGs, so no disclaimer needed. Off we went into the abyss.
Mosey to the upper parking lot and circle up.
- SSH x 30
- MC x 30
- Merkins x 30
- Squats x 20
- Good mornings x 20
Partner up and mosey down to the bridge. The original plan was to do hill repeats up to the parking lot and back while each partner did merkins/squats/etc at the bottom and flapjack, but we had no light this morning, and YHC didn’t feel comfortable sending an old man (Epoxy) off into the woods alone in the dark. Not trying to have a silver alert on our hands here, people.
Audible: bridge repeats.
- Round 1: Partner A lunge walks the length and jogs back. Partner B does derkins, merkins, irkins, and LBCs. Flapjack.
- Round 2: Partner A bear crawls half way and jogs the rest. Spring back. Partner B does derkins, merkins, and irkins. Flapjack.
- Round 3: Partner A backwards runs the length and sprints back. Partner B does squats. Flapjack.
- Round 4: Partner A bear crawls the length. Partner B does burpees. Flapjack.
- Plank-o-rama to regroup.
Mosey across the bridge to the wall.
- People’s chair – ten count down the line
- Balls to the wall – ten count down the line
- Rinse and repeat
Indian run back to the middle of the dam.
- Merkins x 25
Mosey back down to the lot.
- LBCs x 50
- Rosalita x 20
- Not exactly what I had drawn up in my head (albeit on the run up to the upper parking lot), but YHC implemented the KISS method for our resident resin. He still complained. Oh well. See you next year, Epoxy.
- Great hustle by everyone else this morning, though.
- True Grit needs Qs. Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14OER3DA7Ul73yOeaHSoSKqazkl-sb0II-W6PasTH9Zc/edit#gid=0
- 9/11 stair climb start time is now 0645 and not 0700 (unless I heard that wrong).
- Continue to bring donations for the Arena guys.
- Mr. Rogers’ mother/Epoxy’s mother-in-law
- Rain Man’s family
Dingo took us out.